Forums Latest Members

What's wrong with this watch? 326.30.40.50.06.001

1. mjb Feb 28, 2020

I was looking at this model (Speedmaster Racing, gray (or grey) face with yellow highlights, co-axial 3330 movement) last year but ended up buying the DSOTM Apollo 8 because I wanted to spend 3X the money. LOL, no, it's just a stunning watch the DSOTM, but a bit large for me. The racing is 40mm, which works better.

So, my question is, why is this one still on eBay, unsold? It's the best price I've seen anywhere, heck, it's a good price for a used Speedmaster and this one is new, albeit with a damaged box. You don't wear the box.

Is it the movement, which I know many people are not fond of. The colors? The fact that it's a "racing" model, not the most popular? Sapphire with date, which isn't a "real" Speedy? Here's a link to the auctionPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network (I post this hoping that no one snags it before I make up my mind).

Oh, and I need another Speedmaster like I need another hole in my head, but I keep getting drawn to it.

2. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Feb 28, 2020

Gone.

3. mjb Feb 28, 2020

It was a bad link. Fixed it. I hope. Here it is againPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network.

4. Donn Chambers Feb 28, 2020

Let’s see - seller has a low sale count and no history of selling watches. Advertises watch as brand new, but the box that comes with it is damaged and more than 5 years old. No warranty card, just a pictogram card.

lots of red flags there. If the prices is too good to be true, there’s probably a reason.

mjb likes this.
  5. mjb Feb 28, 2020

Good point, I saw the card but didn't think it through. Although at five years, the warranty is long gone, the seller does have 27+ positive sales feedbacks, which is good but admittedly none of the stuff looks to be high value items.

I agree, there are some flags. Thanks!

6. wolfe44 Feb 28, 2020

Looks like he's some sort of medical device sales rep. Those guys love nice watches.

I'm not as skeptical as some on here. Looks legit to me. I think eBay guarantees most purchases?

7. Meme-Dweller Feb 28, 2020

I like how he uses someone else's watch pictures on eBay, screenshots it, and uploads it as his own

8. Donn Chambers Feb 28, 2020

this it isnt’t brand new (as advertised). It’s used. Just one piece of information the OP should be aware of when deciding to buy.