Forums Latest Members

Whats the story in "Black Venom" Le's

1. Wombat123 Nov 23, 2018

Hi Forum,
    So i stumbled over into these Speedmaster LE's "Black Venom" editions that are new to me. Turns out its an italian company that takes costly pieces and then coates them with "Dlc" diamond carbon like vapor deposition, making it "extremely hard, durable" etc etc.

I could find no reference here on OF, but what are the thoughs of the forum? Is this an insult and ruines otherwise perfectly fine watches? Or do you like it and is considered a welcome alternative?

Personally on some examples i think it does look sort of cool, but it feels very bad to do that to watches like these :)

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 08.15.41.png Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 08.11.34.png Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 07.50.45.png
    Lucasssssss likes this.
  2. Speedmasterfan88 Nov 23, 2018

I recently stumbled across them on CH24 while researching engraved rolex models.
    They are routhless and DLC everything, from Patek 5711's to the new Pepsi, no matter how expensive or "rare".
    TBH, I don't mind, if someone feels like dropping another few grand on an allready expensive watch just to have it black, go for it. As long as they leave vintage models alone. Other companies are doing the same thing for years now. Blaken comes to mind.
    Something about that Speedmaster dial is very wrong btw. Look at the hour markers. And the chrono hand tip, where is it?

Cheers,

Max

3. Khamenman Nov 23, 2018

indeed the speedmaster looks horrible! ::facepalm1::

The Milgauss looks okay, but I still prefer the normal steel

4. Lucasssssss Nov 23, 2018

Reminds me of how Bamford watches started, recently they have started been collaborating with actual watch companies. I think they look horrible, but are certainly 'on trend', I wonder how long they will last. He does have a hell of a car and collection though

Although, I'm sure it helps if your parents are billionaires.

Foo2rama, sdre and Khamenman like this.
  5. Paedipod Nov 23, 2018

anything is helped by this.....

Lucasssssss and Khamenman like this.
  6. sdre Nov 23, 2018

Thanks for sharing that video.

Honestly, I thought his production of Bamford watches; the application of color especially on the orange accents seem alittle plasticky and looks too thick a color.

But I enjoyed his explanation of why he wears a Heuer Kentucky and such; you can tell that he's a real collector of sorts.

Lucasssssss likes this.
  7. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 23, 2018

Ever own a black car? Once was enough.

8. Steve88M3 Nov 27, 2018

These watches are best left to people who vape and wear hats indoors.

9. Stufflers Mom Nov 27, 2018

"extremely hard, durable" are not words that I would associate with DLC, easily marked and near impossible to refinish is more accurate.

Speedmasterfan88, ext1 and Wombat123 like this.
  10. monti Nov 27, 2018

Cars looked great, original watches looked great, Bamford watches not so much IMHO