Forums Latest Members
  1. chipsotoole Feb 5, 2018

hi,
    Just wondered if some of you Connie guys can give this a look over. It looks like the strap has had a run in with an angle grinder but I'm not sure about the case. Is the Patina ok? Any OMG red flags? Is the seller being on the ambitious side when he/she is asking for 600 USD? Conelpueblo I'm expecting you to weigh in...
    con4.jpg con3.jpg con2.jpg con1.jpg

2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Feb 5, 2018

Looks like a 168.010 with not much life left in it. Both dial and movement are tired.

3. Passover Feb 5, 2018

Hi, just to learn: How can you see the movement is also tired?

Could there be different parts (rotor, bridge...)? I think I see those parts have different colours

Otherwise it seems to be quite clean

4. Noddyman Feb 5, 2018

The patina on the centre dial looks ok but around the facets and minute markers it’s a bit far gone.
    As for the bracelet that appears to be a write-off, the case however seems to have fared a little better. The movement has suffered a hard life as per Hoi’s comments. When I convert to £’s the price doesn’t seem too ridiculous but it would still be a no from me.

5. sat968 Feb 5, 2018

The different colors is the big tip off. This watch has had rotor issues at least twice. The current rotor is a replacement, as seen by the different color. Also, the current rotor is still contacting the case back as can be seen by the wear pattern next to the text.

On watches like this you will need to factor in a service with rotor repair, and that is going to run a few hundred dollars.

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 5, 2018

Not great pics but I don’t think the case is particularly good either.
    The facets on the lugs should be clean and sharp.

7. dragoman Feb 5, 2018

Collector grade is not.

Now, the problem with these watches is how to valuate them as daily beaters. Maybe 600 USD is a tad too much, but probably with a new plexi, a careful dial cleaning and a new strap, the watch could be a looker.

In any case, the bracelet is a painful affair, and IMHO, beyond repair.