What's On Your Other Wrist?

Anyone else adorn their non watch wrist?

Three of this five I made up myself.

In the days of write-permit rings on reels of 1/2" magnetic tape I would sometimes wind up with a few of those on my no-watch wrist. Otherwise nothing.

I guess I lack imagination. I wear watches on both wrists. And I’m wearing custom tailored jeans with two watch pockets! 😗

In the days of write-permit rings on reels of 1/2" magnetic tape I would sometimes wind up with a few of those on my no-watch wrist. Otherwise nothing.
One of my first jobs was working with those. Backing up an HP2000F. I kept the old tapes for decades. Every time I would track down a reader I would get the response "We scrapped that last month."
Surprisingly the Salvation Army took them. Then a few months later someone used a similar data set to create an emulator. So the OS and most of the programs were preserved.
Ironically the programs that interested me the most were the statistical programs what still underlay AI and deep learning. I still remember the night I logged into the Eliza chat bot. It is so easy to anthropomorphize things.

Would not surprise me if one of those rings showed up in a junk box somewhere. I also have numbers of bracelets and things is said junk boxes. My ancestry is puritanical, so the wearing of such things is not in the tradition. There is also the adage that less is more.

As for the other wrist. I have on occasion worn as many as 8 or even 10 watches at a time. Like when I visited watch factories. Also makes for an look when attending sci-fi conventions or early steampunk gatherings. Ahh the vagraities of youth.

Hair

I used to have proper monkey mittens. Now it's all fallen out. I'm more depressed about that than my ever growing bald patch. 🙁

I'd like to say she was on my other wrist

But that was back in the past ( my fantasy)

I need to find a new wrist accompaniment ( sigh)

I had a fitness tracker on the non watch wrist for awhile, then did the bracelets of a men of a certain age for awhile…

now naked…

Occasionally a gamin fitness watch (an old fenix 3) for tracking walks or cycling but usually nothing.

Usually nothing, but today, a cool reversible sequin slap bracelet from a 4-year-old's birthday party this morning. Might just sell all my watches and wear this thing all the time.

Usually nothing, but today, a cool reversible sequin slap bracelet from a 4-year-old's birthday party this morning. Might just sell all my watches and wear this thing all the time.
A good dad.

After a career in a suit, now I that am retired I can free my inner spaghetti western baddie.

Usually, bongo ties and other random cable ties for work. Today, however, my right wrist is auxillary watch storage - about to gift this to a friend at brunch.

Bloodline - my go-to for heavy duty, customized, high-quality silver jewelry. No, I’m not on payroll! Yet I can say without reservation the folks behind this great brand and story are incredibly thoughtful and passionate.

20230407-170742.jpg

I stumbled across this today and was inspired by this thread. Got suckered into buying one for my wife and I for a couple Euro by some guy in the streets of Milan years ago. I wore it for quite awhile as it was a fun reminder of our trip and I wanted to get my damn euros worth. When it came off I kept it in a box and forgot about it. I actually like wearing it. When this gives up maybe I’ll make myself something small and keep it going.

Three of this five I made up myself.

Love the Blue and White. I'll take one.😀