Forums Latest Members

What's on the winder today...

1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 19, 2014

Thought I would share a shot of what's on the Final Test winder this morning...

[​IMG]

Mostly Omegas, with one lonely Rolex on there, and a mix of old and new...

Thought I might update this thread every so often if people are interested in seeing what's being worked on...

Cheers, Al

Scarecrow Boat and Daniel B like this.
  2. Shem Jan 19, 2014

Al, you're certainly the go-to guy when it comes to Omega! I'd be curious what other brands you get on a regular basis, perhaps with the exception of Rolex which I'm sure you see often as well. It'd be interesting, too, to see the vintage restoration jobs you receive.

3. KCScott Jan 19, 2014

I'd like to see the tools you have and what they are used for. I know you have some really cool stuff!

4. ulackfocus Jan 19, 2014

Is that a manual wind Speedmaster in the 10:00 arm of your winder? ::confused2::

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 19, 2014

If you find that puzzling, you haven't thought about it enough. ;)

Cheers, Al

Edit to add - quartz go on there too, so that one might even be more puzzling...:D

Edit again to do this in the fashion to which this forum is accustomed...meme fashion...

[​IMG]

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 19, 2014

For modern watches...off the top of my head...Omega of course, Rolex, Panerai, Sinn, Doxa, Breitling, IWC, Oris, Tags. And there are a whole bunch of brands I only see a smaller number of like, Chronoswiss, Fortis, Ball, Kobold, Longines, Tissot, Stowa and more.

For vintage, a lot of the same brands in some volume, so Omega of course, Rolex, Doxa...but the spread is larger with vintage as someone digs "brand X" from grandpa's drawer and wants it serviced...so there is even a greater variety of watches that I only see a few of. So again just off the top of my head Bulova, Longines, Gruen, Girard Perregaux, Universal Geneve, JLC, Tudor, Benrus, Patek, various pocket watches, etc, etc, etc...really it goes on and on...

Cheers, Al

7. CdnWatchDoc Jan 19, 2014

I am expecting a vintage Doxa 300T from Al anytime now. I would only to happy to share photos with the rest of the gang.