Forums Latest Members
  1. Stavm May 29, 2018

Hi..i am new to this forum. I have had this Omega Seamaster for a few years. It has a name & date engraved on the back (1954). I am thinking of selling it. Not sure of how much i should be asking for. Any help would be great.

20180529_165859.jpg 20180529_165926.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 29, 2018

I'm sure that if you list it on eBay at 99 cents to start, and provide good clear photographs and a shot of the movement, you will get fair value for it.

3. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan May 29, 2018

Hello mate. Nice to see you and your lovely watch on the forum.:thumbsdown: .... psssssst. ...(can I just whisper a little bit of well intended help in your ear)..... Nothing is more likely to 'piss off' the experts on this forum than an introduction like yours.;)

It's a bit like walking into a posh restaurant and saying "Hello! 'I'm hungry! Got no time for menus! I aint paying! Now gimme some fakkin dinner... and hurry up about it!":D

Have another go mate???;)

Edited May 29, 2018
    aap, MaiLollo and Mark020 like this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 29, 2018

You're too nice a bloke Colin.

Why bother with an introduction.
    We don't know what country the person is in, we don't know the history or condition of the watch and as soon as the person gets an answer (or a PM) they will never be seen again.

I think I answered quite nicely the first time and gave the best guidance I could think of.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 29, 2018

I think you're too nice. My guidance wouldn't have been so genial.

nonuffinkbloke likes this.
  6. Stavm May 29, 2018

I am not a bloke. I dont know your forum etiquette . I googled to get some answers and came across your group. Sorry if i have offended anyone. I dont want to start any trouble and i certainly dont want members to think i am doing something wrong. I just dont know how it all works..lets just forget i asked. ...thx ...all the way from Melbourne Australia

7. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 29, 2018

Stavm likes this.
  8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 29, 2018

All the way from Melbourne Australia myself, I welcome you to our forum.

You have to cut me some slack. We get so many people who treat us as free service to confirm validity/pricing, get their answers and then are never seen again that we become a bit jaded with the fly in fly outs.

Many of us spend a great deal of time familiarising ourselves on various facets or our hobby and don't have any objections to sharing our knowledge and assisting others, so an introduction helps a lot in understanding what the original poster wants.

If you want a detailed assessment of your watch you can mail it to me. I'll inspect it, give a detailed description and take hi res photographs to help you get a decent price at sale.

If you wish to go with this proposal, send me a PM with your details.

Cheers

Jim

PS: PS: I forgot to mention that I would also return your watch, the only cost to you will be local registered postage both ways.

9. Maganator May 29, 2018

This is a great offer from a well-established member. I would bite his hand off if I was you

Stavm likes this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 29, 2018

PPS: I also forgot to mention that you could drop it off to me at my residence if you need extra assurance.

If you're from the North, the trip down the Western Ring Road will be the scariest thing you'll have to endure.

If you're from the Leafy East, don't worry about crossing the river to the West, nobody's been murdered here for over a week.

Stavm likes this.
  11. Stavm May 29, 2018

Ahaha..nooo.i am from the Mornington Peninsula..mum lives in the city so depending where you are i might be able to drop it off as i visit quite often

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 29, 2018

I haven't been down that way since I did rookies at Cerberus many years ago, but I've driven through on the way to PI a few times.

I also avoid the city whenever I can, it's changed so much in the last ten years or so so I only venture across the Yarra to go to the footy at the G.

Will send a PM.

13. Gurn May 29, 2018

We also get new people that will post this way to try and get around the 200 minimum posts to sell something. As you may have already received PM's with offers.

connieseamaster likes this.