What's a good price for a NOS Seiko SPB279J1?

I own this one and really like it:
rCoiF2j.png

I own this one and really like it:
rCoiF2j.png
Your dial looks beautiful. Mine would be plain, like so:

I will post actual photos of wearing it once I get my hands on it. But I am still unconvinced if I will like it compared to my vintage KS/GS.

How does it wear? Does it feel big/small compared to vintage KS? Also what about the strap? Can it be finely regulated? Does it feel nice?

And what do you reckon on the pricing? Does 1200$ sound like a good deal?

Ya, some people may like a simple white dial more. Mine is a special edition, and while I did get a discount from MSRP it was still more $$$$ than yours
https://seikoluxe.com/products/spb365/

It sounds like you are not sold on the white dial - if that's the case, I say sell it. I doubt you will get what you paid, but even at a small loss, you could chalk it up to a learning experience perhaps?

EDIT: FWIW, the feedback I have read from guys that service Seikos is that they are not impressed with the movement in these, and there is a common sentiment from collectors that the movement in these does not fit with the King Seiko ethos or the price point. I don't care because I like the dial and the smaller size of the watch. It checks all the right boxes for me, runs fine and looks great.

Ya, some people may like a simple white dial more. Mine is a special edition, and while I did get a discount from MSRP it was still more $$$$ than yours
https://seikoluxe.com/products/spb365/

It sounds like you are not sold on the white dial - if that's the case, I say sell it. I doubt you will get what you paid, but even at a small loss, you could chalk it up to a learning experience perhaps?
I will wear it first before selling it just to try it out. I already have lots of vintage KS anyway, so I wanted to compare.

How much would you reckon it should sell for if I decide to do so? Do you think I can get 1200$ back for it basically not losing anything?

Apparently new it's 1700$:
https://seikoluxe.com/products/spb279/

Thanks. That's kinda on the low side though, but maybe the seller just needed to sell it quickly. I would hope for at least 1100 $ so I am not at too much of a loss I suppose. In eBay it's around 1050-1350$.

I think it would also depend on the buyer location, I am in the EU so people from EU can buy it tax free from me should I decide to sell it.(no idea yet, but will know once I compare it to vintage KS). Most sellers seem to be outside of EU.
Edited:

I have the SPB285 (brown dial) and love everything about it! The fit and finish are excellent, that’s what attracted it to me. The movement is fine. I also have a 1965 KS, silver dial, it’s one of my favourite watches (see my avatar). My wrist size is 6.25” for reference.

I can't get a good KS44 or earlier yet. Mostly 45KS. Ditto for GS.