Forums Latest Members
  1. Hans Beck Feb 18, 2016

Hello, I got this watch from my late grandpa and I want to know more about it. Its modell nr etc.

I think its a Seamaster Jumbo "Bumper" from ca 1947-1955. But I would like too know more.
    It works and looses about 8 sek during 24h.

Very thankful for any info / advice / valuation. I will soon leave it for a full service.

[​IMG]

Edited Feb 18, 2016
  2. Northernman Lemaniac Feb 18, 2016

Hi!
    Nice heirloom. It's a good looking 1950s watch.:thumbsup:

More precise information will be possible to give when the serial number of the movement and the reference number of the case (you need to have the case opened in order to find these numbers).

A piece of advice:
    DO NOT SEND THIS NICE WATCH TO OMEGA FOR SERVICE!!!
    Find a good vintage watchmaker in your area and have them do a service on the movement and cleaning of the case.
    Instruct specifically that NO part like hands, crown, dial and case is to be replaced or otherwise touched/modified in any way.
    Any of the above mentioned "services" would reduce the worth of your watch.
    Personally I would also instruct that the case is not to be polished, only ultrasonically cleaned.

As for value, I have no clue. It is not a very uncommon model, but it seems to be in very original condition. Do not reduce the value by changing that.

;)

3. Northernman Lemaniac Feb 18, 2016

BTW: If you indicate where you are located, perhaps there are members in here that can recommend "good guy" watchmakers in your area.

4. Hans Beck Feb 18, 2016

Thank you for a fast reply!
    I will definitely not change any original parts. Only ask them to "oil up" the machinery and myself carefully polish the glass with Autosol. I live in Malmö, Sweden. Hope to find someone who can service it in Malmö, Copenhagen, Helsingör or Helsingborg. Would prefer not to send the watch by mail.

5. Northernman Lemaniac Feb 18, 2016

In Copenhagen I would propose watchmaker Krognos. He is not always the fastest man to deliver (understatement), but does good work.
    http://krognos.dk/
    @marturx : Any advice on the Swedish side of the border?

6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 18, 2016

OMG, you must be related to my favourite comic strip writer, First Dog on the Moon

image.jpeg

Hans Beck likes this.
  7. Skrotis Feb 18, 2016

Davidhallstorg 8 Malmö antikurmakeriet. or mölbak copenhagen

Northernman, marturx and Hans Beck like this.
  8. Hans Beck Feb 18, 2016

No, but Im a good friend with kosmonaut Lajka!
    [​IMG]

9. Hans Beck Feb 18, 2016

Tack!

Skrotis likes this.
  10. marturx Feb 18, 2016

Skrotis and Northernman like this.