Forums Latest Members

What would comprise your ultimate watch?

1. M'Bob Dec 28, 2017

Here's your chance to flex your creative muscles, impress other forum members with your design skills, and earn a well-deserved respite from those confining holiday family get-togethers. Plus, you may give the lurkers from the Omega Company some food for thought...hi guys! Happy holidays!

So here are the rules: you have your own design team; money is no object. Design two watches, one dress, one sport, that fulfills your ultimate watch in both categories. Omega preferred, but choose another maker if you like.

Dress:

I'm a fan of the limited edition, enamel-dialed Tresor. I would cut the diameter from 40mm to a more wearable 37mm; lose the date window; and tweak the dial color to the more egg-yoke colored Patek 2526. image.png
    image.jpeg
    Sport:

The Ed White Speedmaster is almost perfect: the design is under-stated, it's legible (even from a distance), and it houses a classic chronograph movement...which I think should be seen under a display back, but tastefully finished in keeping with the quality, as per the Pateks, with the beveled edges, Geneva waves, etc.

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

Your turn...

2. dan7800 Dec 28, 2017

1982 (my birth year) 861.

A perfect watch from a perfect year :)

sevenhelmet and M'Bob like this.
  3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 28, 2017

Jeez, I've got socks older than you!

As an Omega fanboy, Mr. Brandt would have built my watch at his bench.

watch3s, kkt, micampe and 4 others like this.