Forums Latest Members
  1. david_watch Jul 15, 2015

Saw this one on the bay http://www.ebay.com/itm/271928435302Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I know the dial has been redone but to me it looks pretty nice. Anything else put up red flags about it?

Considering the redone dial, what would be a fair price for this to end at? I'm looking for a part time daily watch not a collector piece.

Thanks for reading.

2. ConElPueblo Jul 15, 2015

If I were looking for a daily wearer and wasn't hung up on originality or whether or not the case had been overpolished (which you apparently don't), I'd start looking for a watch that had had a very recent full service backed up by receipts and such, not one that had been "oiled and cleaned".

You probably won't find anyone on here who'd be willing to shell out what this will end up costing, so asking for fair price doesn't make any sense. Basically, this watch is worth what the market deems it worthy = the auction result.

3. ulackfocus Jul 15, 2015

Which Watch Next and Giff2577 like this.
  4. Severin Jul 15, 2015

For what it's worth, I bought a similar redial, some time ago (see pic below) modestly Franken (case ID is a few years apart from the movement serial) and use it as my daily wearer: I am completely pleased with it, although I am not a collector. OMEGA 3 (2).jpg

(Edit: p.s. To alleviate any potential concern, I am I no way affiliated with the seller or listing mentioned in the original posting and the purchase I am describing was from a different seller).

I was particularly pleased that it came with a signed crystal, signed crown, Omega buckle and had the hypocampus on the case back.

Edited Jul 15, 2015