Forums Latest Members
  1. Newbie84 Jan 12, 2022

Hi Forum,

I saw this watch, and really liked it, but don't know anything about it. Does anyone know if it was only made with the quartz movement? I really like everything about this, face, bracelet, but would want it in automatic or mechanical. Any tips on searching for this exact watch in Automatic movement?

If only available in quartz movement, what would the life expectancy be? I imagine if it is 30 y/o, it won't last another 30 years, but curious what y'all say.

Thank you!

quartz omega.jpg
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 12, 2022

Quartz only... My only concern would be if the bracelet is long enough, as finding replacement links will be impossible. Early 90's Quartz to my eye...If taken care of it should last a very long time. Mid to late 70's quartz omegas are still kicking.

3. Newbie84 Jan 12, 2022

Ok, good to know. And great point on bracelet sizing. Thank you!

4. OzGaz68 Jan 12, 2022

Hard to tell from the shot provided but seem to be irregular dots/speckles/lines on the dial that do not belong there. If better shots are available, look at these more closely with a view to determining if moisture has got in and damaged the dial. And, ideally, even with a quartz, you would want interior shots to look for damp related issues/corrosion.

5. OzGaz68 Jan 12, 2022

On the longevity point, given a steady supply of the right parts and good people to work on them, yes, quartz can keep going - I have a 1981 Seiko Superior which, thanks to a good service/refit at VTA, keeps time to factory spec and now also fits my big wrist (custom extension). Indeed, my earliest quartz analogue is a Girard Perregaux 353 from the mid-70s (going with little intervention beyond the occasional spring clean and battery change). But the big practical issue remains finding those parts and people as any Omega Electroquartz Beta 21 or Omega Marine Chronometer Megaquartz owner will tell you. Even Rolex Oysterquartz owners are beginning to get nervous about parts ...

6. Newbie84 Jan 13, 2022

Unfortunately, no other good pictures. This is great information. I think I'll hold off for now, or at least until the seller answers some of these questions that I passed along to him.