Forums Latest Members

What type of service should I have done a Seamaster 600

1. Kebrere Jun 7, 2016

I am thinking I will have this Omega Seamaster serviced. I have no knowledge about watches and am wondering what should I ask of the person who is servicing this watch. Also any recommendations as to where to take it, I live in MA on Cape Cod. Thank you all in advance for your help.

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 7, 2016

A basic service should be enough, that is, strip all parts, clean all appropriate parts, inspect and or repair parts as required, lubricate/re-assemble and adjust/regulate.

Clean the case but don't polish it, puff the dust off the dial, fit a new crystal, don't polish it.

I think in the USA you can get this done for $200 to $300.

3. Kebrere Jun 7, 2016

4. Kebrere Jun 7, 2016

Thank you for your quick reply, I do plan on selling this watch, do you think I should have it serviced or let the newer owner have it serviced

5. François Pépin Jun 7, 2016

Hi,

Good question! I think it depends. But in this case I am not sure you will get back the cost of the service in the final price. So let the new owner do what he wants. But I have presumed that the watch is working... If not that could be another story.

Edited Jun 7, 2016
    Dr No likes this.
  6. Egatdagi Jun 7, 2016

As a buyer I always get a new purchase serviced regardless of what it says in the FS listing so if I were you I would save your money and leave it up to the buyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk