Forums Latest Members
  1. marsy101 Jul 31, 2014

Sometimes I like to cruise gumtree just to see if there's anything interesting going, undervalued.

This looks so strange. The guy is having a laugh, claiming that it's an unused watch... clearly this thing has been around the block.

- It's a chronograph with no pushers... is that possible? Neither of those look to be a power reserve indicator and it has a main seconds hand.
    - OMEGA lettering looks wonky. Only the O looks ok, the rest are a sort of hotch-botch of standard font and italic.
    - Looks like a partial skeleton dial? I can't find anything like that online.

I'd say there's a 99% chance it's someone's nock-off holiday purchase. It's also pretty ugly... but might be an interesting contender for worst fake?!

[​IMG]

2. 124watchfan Jul 31, 2014

Definitely one of the most imaginative fakes I've seen.

Icaras and Varasc like this.
  3. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jul 31, 2014

I showed my dad my first Omega just before he went on holiday to Spain...when he returned he said "I've got one too!". It looks almost identical to this one and cost him €20 from some local market. He knew full well it was a fake but just thought it was a laugh, and I think he now wears it when I'm around just to troll me, really, the old coot! His has a clear back too, just so you can see more readily see the dodgy movement inside!

Fritz, Icaras and laikrodukas like this.
  4. Tritium Jul 31, 2014

It looks like a skeleton-moonphase-no-pusher-chronograph-deville. Hard to find!

NT931 and Pasbru like this.
  5. laikrodukas Jul 31, 2014

I cried :D :D

6. marsy101 Aug 1, 2014

amusing trolling... Pretty much unheard of but but sounds like your dad has nailed it!

7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Aug 1, 2014

Even harder in the TT version :)

8. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Aug 2, 2014

Shouldn't the dial say "OMEGAWD?"

marsy101 likes this.
  9. marsy101 Aug 2, 2014

that's a good one, will remember that!