Forums Latest Members

What the hell is going on here?!

1. Speedmasterfan88 Jan 22, 2016

Hi, can someone please explain to me what's going in with the Tachymeter scale on this MK II (see pics below) !?
    I have never seen an all red tachy scale and rehaut before! The watch is for sale and comes with B&P full set. Stated to be all Original by the seller.
    So what the hell is this? A misprint ? A fluke? One off? Some sort of japanese marked Edition I just never heard of before? And Last but not least, would you buy it just out of curiosity? I'm looking at Mark II's for a while now and this one def. got my attention.
    I'm keen to hear what the collective Omega-Forums Brain has to say about this one.

Thanks in advance guys!
    The watch in question:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

The normal Versions as reference
    image.jpeg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2016

It definitely looks real, there's another reference in addition to the three above that's the two tone, wouldn't be hugely surprised if there is another version as there subtle variations even on things like the DSOTM etc.

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 22, 2016

Have seen the red before . The lume looked cool in the photo if i remember correctly

4. Speedmasterfan88 Jan 22, 2016

Ok cool, thanks for the Info !

5. bnabod Aug 2, 2016

Sorry to revive this older thread did anyone ever find out what version this is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. mdgrwl Aug 2, 2016

special limited edition?

7. bnabod Aug 2, 2016

Not sure could not find any reference on the interweb

8. OmegaWIS Aug 4, 2016

[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

9. Speedmasterfan88 Aug 4, 2016

Uhm, yeah well that's the Ref number 'aight. ^^.

And no, I have not seen one like it again. Was for sale from a German Shop on Chrono24, and sold for a while now.

Cheers,

Max

10. Saysay Aug 4, 2016

There are 4 Mk II models currently available. The one pictured here is the grey dial with orange accents, and I'm assuming the lighting in the pictures are making it seem like it is vibrant red.

...Unless Omega created another reference for fun lol

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 4, 2016

The grey dial with orange accents is 327.10.43.50.06.001, but it does not have a red tachymetre crystal - in fact I can't find any version of the Mk. II on the Omega Extranet that has this crystal...

12. Speedmasterfan88 Aug 4, 2016

I begin to feel that I should have bought it.... Price was reasonable too... Around 3,6 large unworn with B&P

13. bnabod Aug 4, 2016

[​IMG]

Here is mine maybe it is lighting if you see on the right side of dial it does look redish but nothing like the picture from the OP so....

14. Nicolás Q. Oct 25, 2021

Hello, I think we are talking about the same watch that you wear in Chrono24, which I recently bought, I would only need to check the serial number of the case. I've also gone crazy looking for one like it... and I don't see it, maybe it's a unique piece... or as I mentioned a prototype for the Italian market.
    My doubt is... that the MarkII Sena (RIO), the bezel has gold color, and as it is that the Mark ii Racing that I have, the bezel is orange and not like the normal production in white. This Racing watch stopped being manufactured this year 2021.

cvalue13 likes this.
  15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 25, 2021

Not a prototype, just an error. I've verified on the Omega Extranet that the serial number on your watch matches the model that should have white printing.

16. Nicolás Q. Oct 25, 2021

Yes, it is one of my doubts, the serial number if it is that of the model but with the white bezel, which I do not explain what happened on the assembly line to insert or remove the SuperLuminova ring. Will the watch I bought be unique... because of this mistake?, perhaps they did more... and where are they?

17. ATWG Oct 25, 2021

you have a one-off which makes this more valuable one day?

I personally love the look, wear it and enjoy it.

YY77 likes this.
  18. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 25, 2021

I seriously doubt it. The first time this goes in for servicing, that crystal will be changed to the proper one.

19. Nicolás Q. Oct 25, 2021

Thank you for your comment. Right now if it can be unique, I will try to keep it as long as possible; and maybe Omega respects this version as it is, I think Omega would be very respectful when making the change of the glass. Wouldn't the same thing happen with the Sedna?..

20. Evitzee Oct 25, 2021

Omega will bring it to spec, don't count on them being 'respectful' of your quirky crystal. If you want it saved don't use Omega service when you have it worked on.