Forums Latest Members
  1. Littleroger Apr 9, 2013

Need some advice guys. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365520228.414328.jpg

A friend of mine is looking to sell this 012 from 67. First wanted to get some feedback from you guys before I look for a buyer. Full service just done. Comments about all the relevant info an approx. value?
    Thanks guys

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365520247.737768.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365520277.995189.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365520319.029223.jpg

2. flame Speedmaster Neil Apr 9, 2013

Hi Roger

Hope you are well....

Real shame about the relumed dial....anymore pics of the case profiles & perhaps one of the 321 movement ? as you know , the Chrono hand is incorrect....

Best - Neil

3. ulackfocus Apr 9, 2013

Somebody spilled some chocolate pudding on the sub seconds hand.

4. Littleroger Apr 9, 2013

Here are a couple of the case. Neil, not sure about the relume if you see it in real life - looks ok to me but am very open to wiser opinions.
    And yes, Dennis, chocolate ;-) The watchmaker could have done something during the service but it was decided that the best thing is to leave it ....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365522226.432852.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365522240.714602.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365522257.095383.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365522274.955461.jpg

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 9, 2013

Having crumbling rusty hands in the case is never a good thing. I would have replaced these, as they are available, and placed the old ones in a micro plastic pouch to store with the watch. Likewise the dial could have been cleaned up a little without compromising it.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 9, 2013

Looks like a nice 145.012. The dial lume I believe is original. The rust in the subdial hands would make me want to take a look at the movement though and make sure there isn't significant corrosion there.

7. Littleroger Apr 9, 2013

Thanks guys. Great tips as always.

So we have an ok dial, the bezel looks good and original. Case back correct. Case looks very good to me. Hour and minute hands correct but chrono hand incorrect. The other hands are the main problem here. I can't get to the movement at the moment but as it has just received a full service, let's assume it is ok (I will try to get some pics). As the watch was just serviced by an official omega guy, I guess it may be possible to have the subdial hands cleaned/replaced but does that make sense?

So, what do you guys suggest - list it here and at what price or put it on the bay?

Ta muchley.

8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Apr 9, 2013

If you want to maximize your take from the watch, replace all the hands with the correct ones (but provide the old hands to the buyer in a plastic bag) and then have the hour, minute and seconds hands relumed to approximate the dial lume. I personally would prefer to buy the watch as is but you broaden your audience with what I suggest. And movement pictures are a must here.

I would of course suggest you list it for sale here to give the forum members the opportunity to purchase what looks like a nice vintage seamaster. As to price taking into account the recent servicing, I would say head only $3000-3200 (if the movement looks nice and clean).

9. flame Speedmaster Neil Apr 9, 2013

Hi Roger

I would like to see a couple of further pictures of the dial....it may be a light thing....just those 4 & 5 markers ? otherwise I think the above guideline price is about right and overall it's a nice piece - movement shot would again be very helpful....but let's assume it's good :)

Best - Neil

10. Boris Apr 9, 2013

OK, my second post here. Roger posted this watch for me, as I was curious to find out more about it. I have this watch for about 3 months now. Bought it from a Speedmaster collector who had the watch revised by an Omega watchmaker. The watch was completely overhauled, and many parts were replaced. I have all the replaced parts still with me. Since I am in Europe, we have different prices here than you have in the US with Dollars. If I could buy a Speedmaster 145.0012 which is completely overhauled for such a price as you quoted above, I would be in paradise over here. Alone the cost of an overhaul is high.

The movement was overhauled and looks perfect. There is absolutely no corrosion on the case, we took the caseback off. The watch is 46 years old, from 1967. The hands have discoloration, the 4 and 5 o'clock markers have discoloration. The case is still looking very nice and this is a genuine and nice looking vintage speedy, despite the chrono seconds hand being a slightly bit younger. I am not going to change anything about the watch. Whoever decides to buy it, will buy it as is. Meanwhile I will wear it and enjoy it.

Thanks for all your comments and sharing your knowledge.