Forums Latest Members
  1. Aussie Jim Nov 27, 2015

So I know that this has some significant problems:
    Over polished
    No bezel insert
    Probable replacement second hand

but I like the dial and the general feel of it. I think I paid a reasonable amount for it under the circumstances and after a trip to the watch repairer, a few replacement parts and some love it is running beautifully and losing about 3 seconds per day.

The opinions I seek are:

What band/strap would suit this?
    Should I bother about an Aldo bezel, or is that just lipstick on the pig?
    Any other thoughts.

Honesty would be appreciated. If you think I have a dog, I am ok to hear that.

IMG_1523.JPG

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 27, 2015

I'm not much of a seamaster expert, but you gotta do something about those hands. Get them aged, turn down the green a few levels. ;)

Personally, I would probably do an Aldo bezel, but that's really personal choice.

The good news is that the dial is not too bad, assuming original. Are the 6 and 9 supposed to be open on this ref? I just don't know.

3. gminnj Nov 27, 2015

I'm with you. There is something I like about this...

4. Aussie Jim Nov 27, 2015

Thank you.

The good news is the hands are not so green in real life. You know how hard it can be with colour balance and digital cameras...

I love the bezelled (?) look and am sorely tempted, but I wonder if I am over capitalising on this less-than perfect example

5. the future Nov 28, 2015

I think it's worth getting an Aldo bezel done. Also I would switch the hands to the dauphine hour and small arrow minute hand.

6. abrod520 Nov 28, 2015

I'd say yes to the Aldo bezel, but see if there are aging options... That's a very very cool watch, and unlike the earlier 2913s I think it could even be worn without the bezel if desired - almost looks like an extra-chunky Railmaster that way ;)

7. lillatroll Nov 28, 2015

I would leave it as is but try and find the original bracelt for it. It has a certain amount of charm as it is but the Nato is too shiny. One outcome to think about if you doll it up too much, is that the dial will look too shabby compared to the rest of the watch. Trying to find the balance is the difficult bit.