Forums Latest Members
  1. trim Nov 17, 2013

I've had this for a couple of years in my drawer. It deserves to be worn, but I am not sure what to do with the corroded hands.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Please ignore the bracelet, it was Sieko, was on the watch when I got it - and is now back on an appropriate Seiko.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a new crystal, and have the correct crown.

I guess the question is what to do with the hands, which are what is stopping me servicing/wearing the watch. The dial has some patina, which is OK - but in combo with the hands is too much for me.

The reproduction ones sold on the bay are not the same, the lume slots are too short. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-Color-...465?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4604f4fa61Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network and I can't find the original hands at either cousins or Ofrei

How do people feel about refinished HANDS - any experience?

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 17, 2013

I have no issue at all with refinished hands, I'd say its preferable to fitting similar but still not exact replacements.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Nov 18, 2013

+1 and for me, the same goes for re-plating a corroded case.

4. ulackfocus Nov 18, 2013

Get the hands refinished. It's the best thing to do.

5. trim Nov 18, 2013

OK thanks all. I honestly thought refinished hands would be a no-no around here.

I will get them refinished.

6. Hijak Nov 18, 2013

I have a very similar watch...a ref. 14905 with a cal. 552...I say fix those hands and replace that crystal it will look fantastic!

Wrist Shot, 4.JPG

Omega Seamaster De Ville 1963, 5.jpg

7. trim Nov 19, 2013

Your dial is lovely!

8. Dablitzer Nov 19, 2013

That's a nice one you got, I wonder where you found such a nice watch as this? :thumbsup: :p

9. Hijak Nov 19, 2013

Thanks Trim!:) And Alex it just came to me in a dream one night.;) I don't know if you remember Alex but this replaced a SMDV that I purchased quite a while ago. I had finally come to terms that it was a redial and then purchased yours to replace it...still loving it and wear it all the time!:thumbsup:

Dablitzer likes this.
  10. Dablitzer Nov 19, 2013

it's all coming back to me...now. I especially like the movement picture. Unfortunately I can't any credit for that. :thumbsdown: