Forums Latest Members
  1. Nick M. Jul 8, 2016

Hi all,

I came across an early 1980's Seamaster 120 in a shop while traveling. It looks exactly like the one pictured below (not my picture, not the exact watch in question). The watch I found is in pristine condition, as such the price was steep. I was trying to price shop and see what the market has done but could not find the exact reference or any sales to baseline my offer.

Any guidance on the specific reference or a potential value?

[​IMG]

2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Jul 9, 2016

There is a bit more information here, with some reference numbers (no exact match though) http://www.watchfreeks.com/22-omega/17318-omega-diver-generations.html Whether it's actually a "Calypso" I'll leave to others to debate. I think the term is used pretty loosely to cover pretty much all quartz 120s with Ploprof style hands that aren't obviously something else. I believe there were Calypso I, II and III iterations, though the Omega database only has partial information. Some of these seem to have have integrated bracelets, some have more conventional lugs (like your example). The bezel might actually be gold ;)

These are not massively common models, though they do have a following. As to value, sold items on eBay is your best bet for some guidance. Just search for Omega Calypso.

On a personal note, I have a soft spot for some of the "forgotten" Omega lines. This is one of the nicer ones :thumbsup:

Edited Jul 9, 2016
  3. Nick M. Jul 9, 2016

Thanks for the info, very helpful! As much as I love the piece the seller won't budge from $2,500. I think that would make me the owner of the most expensive Calypso variant in history!

Edited Jul 9, 2016
    Bellette likes this.
  4. Bellette Apr 3, 2017

5. dantaspaulo Apr 4, 2017

I used to own a black PVD Calypso that I got for some USD 200 a couple of years ago. I don't think there's much of a market for these, especially because it's a quartz.