Forums Latest Members

What other books are out there that are similar to the "Moonwatch Only" book, but for other watches?

1. ffej4 Survey Man Mar 24, 2015

Hi everyone,

I've been looking into buying a copy of Moonwatch Only. I was wondering, what other books are out there that are dedicated to specific watches?

I've really enjoyed learning on the forums, but buying a book might be the next step of my continued watch education. :)

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 24, 2015

Moonwatch Only = Sui generis

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  3. m84 Mar 24, 2015

This actually a question i've been wanting to ask myself, but in a more general watch brand sense, not model specific.
    While i can imagine how much hard work and effort goes into publishing a good quality book, both in terms of content and physical quality (being a graphic designer myself) I only wish I had enough disposable income to buy several books, including the Moonwatch Only book, or some by the Mondani family for instance... I just love looking (read=drooling) over the details these kinds of books provide. Unfortunately for myself and the publishers, I'm just not in a position right now to spend that kind of money on a book, despite understanding their value and investment in terms of future knowledge.
    Sorry for the hijack, ffej4, I guess I just wanted to share my interest in your question as well! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

ffej4 likes this.
  4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 24, 2015

AJTT perhaps? Not as detailed as MWO, but covers a very broad spectrum of Omega. As for other brands, dunno.

Edit: maybe the mods will take orders for printed copies of OF.

ffej4 likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 25, 2015

If some some of the guys on here wanted to they could produce a Constellation reference using MWO as a benchmark, the trouble would be finding the time as the authors of MWO dedicated a massive amount of time to it and still overran their expected publishing date.

6. lwong Mar 25, 2015

The ploprof book by Jon wallis, and there's a series of military watch books by Konrad knirim too iirc.

ffej4 likes this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 25, 2015

Was in a book store in Dubai and was amazed at the watch magazines and even more amazed at the amount of watch related books.

8. papazulu Mar 25, 2015

Oh dear, you are not going anywhere fast without the right books ::facepalm2::
    [​IMG]

and there are a couple of shelves underneath that picture ;-)

ffej4, Giff2577, x3no and 4 others like this.
  9. 88cut Mar 25, 2015

I know there's a book on the history of the Cartier Tank, it covers the very first models to the modern pieces.

10. x3no Mar 25, 2015

Nice bookshelf! Any particular ones there that you can point out for some of us newbs? I can make out a few of them and who they are written by so thats good.

11. papazulu Mar 25, 2015

No, unless you know which direction you are going, collection-wise, it would be futile to name any...
    If you can see any book which interests you, just use Google to find the authors of the books!

ffej4 likes this.
  12. x3no Mar 25, 2015

Fair enough, for me I have been interested in and trying get into collecting 40s-60s chronographs. I've purchased and am reading the Universal Geneve book by Sala as we speak. But I will try to snipe some names of books you have to see if any correlate with my interest. Thanks :)

ffej4 likes this.