Forums Latest Members
  1. ocr123 Aug 6, 2015

Hello! I'm new here.

I got an old omega watch from my grandfather when he passed away. It has not been used for a long time. I don't know anything about this watch, so I thought I would turn to you for help. Unfortunately it is not in a good condition. Any idea of model number? When was it made? Is it worth anything at all? Thank you in advance!

IMG_1124.JPG
  2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Aug 6, 2015

I am sure it's an Omega watch. Because there is no "automatic" on the dial I would say it's a manual winding one powered by a 283 or 285 I guess.
    The case maybe gold or gold plated. If you show more pics I can tell you more.

3. ocr123 Aug 6, 2015

Thank you for your reply! Here are some more pictures along with a video of the movement.
    http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2hhdv6q>&s=8#.VcPbvyZeCnM

Sorry for the bad quality! I can try to get better ones if you need. I really appreciate your help!

IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1127.JPG IMG_1128.JPG IMG_1129.JPG
  4. ocr123 Aug 7, 2015

The back has nothing written on it I think. It's dirty so it's hard to see atleast.

5. david_watch Aug 7, 2015

No comment on the value but I think a new crystal would really make the watch look nice. From what I can see the dial looks in good shape.

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 7, 2015

hmmm
    the web-gods in the UAE don't appear to like your tiny pic web site -so I will just have to imagine the movement for myself......

yes -I think I can see that you should probably get the watch serviced ;)
    Philip

7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Aug 7, 2015

Wen need to see the inside of the watch in order to give you further information.

8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 7, 2015

oh ! -I see
    when the OP said movement they meant the hands moving -sorry
    in which case my little joke made no sense at all

told you I couldn't open the video......

9. ocr123 Aug 10, 2015

Hello friends. I got the watch checked out by professionals. It was a calibre 283, omega trésor, 14k gold from around 1956.

I have another one for you. I also got my grandfathers pocket watch. It's an omega Grand prix Paris 1900. 18k and "5588346" is also written on it. Do you have any information on this watch? I can upload pictures if you want :)