Forums Latest Members

What movement does this vintage antiseptic watch have?

1. ClarendonVintage Mar 23, 2018

Confused by the title? Me too, when I first chanced upon this vintage little piece in Lucerne.

20180324_081159.jpg

A Diarex 'Ladyntimate' 17 jewels. Haven't heard of this before. Gotta be a pun in there somewhere haha

This was one of those no name pre quartz brands, so I opened up the movement in hope of seeing something interesting.

20180324_080931.jpg 20180324_080917.jpg 20180324_080838.jpg

It is signed Diarex. And above 'swiss' there is a small writing of 'wst' or something. Can anyone sort of identity what kind of movement this is?

The box where the date should be seems to be gibberish. The pusher also leads to nowhere inside the case so it is probably only for aesthetic effect. Something for the lady to press about hahah

20180324_081216.jpg

Not sure what to feel about this but for a lunchs money this was quite fun to look at. Now I gotta stop hoarding when on vacation!

Edited Mar 23, 2018
  2. Vitezi Mar 23, 2018

Mikrolisk records "Diarex" and "Ladytimate" as wordmarks of René Albrecht AG, Zurich, Switzerland; registered in 1973. Be forewarned: Albrecht also owned Timestar, Zaigor and Zurex (with Polaspot filters), in case you come across any of those funky watches on vacation. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (thanks)

ClarendonVintage likes this.
  3. Canuck Mar 23, 2018

The WST trade mark on the movement seems to indicate a Swiss maker named Walter Schoni of Switzerland. The dial name means nothing to me. I doubt Schoni was the maker. Probably a distributor of watches assembled from off the shelf components. The movement has all the earmarks of the type of Swiss movements made for cheap watches. It is marked 17 jewels, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it had a pin lever escapement. I would consider it to be not collectible. But if it is cheap, and you like it..........! It’s up to you.

ClarendonVintage likes this.
  4. ClarendonVintage Mar 23, 2018

Brilliant, that is very interesting. Thank you Vitezi it does confirm my guess that it is a 70s looking model trying to look Cartier esque for the female audience

5. ulackfocus Mar 23, 2018

Diarex Ladyntimate sounds like a woman's laxative.

.... or worse!

6. ClarendonVintage Mar 23, 2018

Interesting trademark, I will read up on the connection with Schoni . And yes it is definitely not collectible Haha, I just thought it looks classy and didn't cost more than a bus ticket so I don't leave a vintage shop with the owner thinking I'm wasting his breath asking here and there haha