Forums Latest Members
  1. WatchentuseCZ Mar 28, 2017

Hello dear forum members,

I am completely new to watches and i have spent the morning reading a bit in your forum and i think here is the right place to ask my question. I am trying to research this watch for a very good friend of mine.

It is the watch of his grandfather who passed away and who lived in Poland. Afaik he was waring the watch always.
    What we would be most interested in is if anybody could identify the model maybe and also give us a hint about the time period.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures. The watch is not in my possesion and i only got the pictures from my friend's mother.

I know that picutres of the movement and the inside would be desirable but i cannot provide those at the moment. Additionally i will try to provide those once my friend brings the watch. For that matter does anybody know a good watchmaker in Prague, Czechia where i could bring the watch to to get it opened so it might not get destroyed?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Datei 28.03.17, 11 53 22.jpeg Datei 28.03.17, 13 44 59.jpeg Datei 28.03.17, 13 45 16.jpeg
  2. Temprus Mar 28, 2017

Hi, Is difficult to say without seeing the movement and the caseback from inside. No doubt this watch does not look good. Hands do not match the dial. The case does not appear to be an Omega case. I'm probably wrong, but the case should be made from steel, not a chrome or nickle plated like one from the photo.

3. WatchentuseCZ Mar 28, 2017

Thanks for your first feedback. As i said i will try to get some pictures of those as quickly as possible.
    But excuse me asking since i am very new to watch terminology. what do you mean when you say the hands do not match the dial?

4. Temprus Mar 28, 2017

The hands do not belong to this dial. They are too long