Forums Latest Members
  1. mart Nov 30, 2015

So, just bought a ladies omega seamaster (?) because i wanted the box that came with it for my '73 200M SHOM.

anybody an idea of value, model, or year? probably will sell it after i get it cleaned up.

thanks!

$_57-2.JPG $_57-3.JPG $_57-4.JPG
  2. sid2446 Nov 30, 2015

you bought the watch for the box ? don't tell base615... ;)

3. Pvt-Public Nov 30, 2015

Put it on ebay and hope for the best. Not really much demand for ladies watches.

4. mart Nov 30, 2015

I can understand that the demand is not there. what is it? anyone knows?

Bought it on ebay for 200 USD.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 1, 2015

6. mart Dec 1, 2015

I'll post it there thanks

7. mart Dec 1, 2015

Can't post it there...

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Dec 1, 2015

Don't post it there, read it, especially the first part about photos.

9. mart Dec 1, 2015

You're telling me that if you where to know this watch, you couldn't make it out because of the quality of the pictures? Is that for real?

This is all I got. I'll look further.

10. ConElPueblo Dec 1, 2015

Have you got the watch in your possesion? If you do, take a close-up photo of the dial and case, as the condition of these are important for evaluation. Also, you'll need to remove the case back, as the condition of the movement is just as important. If the movement shows sign of wear or neglect, the watch will be rendered near worthless, as these aren't very highly valued and servicing/repairing it is expensive.

Best of luck - I for one think it's a good looking specimen :)

11. mart Dec 1, 2015

Hi ConElPueblo,

I will assess further when I have it. It's being shipped now so hoping to get it somewhere next week. Was thinking an ultrasone bath and some shine would do the trick. It still runs. We'll see. Thanks for your expertise.

12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 1, 2015

What could possibly go wrong with that.

(means, unless you know exactly what you're doing, any attempt to "beautify" the watch will result in serious devaluation of an already low value item).

13. mart Dec 1, 2015

Won't polish it, just clean it and sell it. Nothing more, nothing less. Still looking for similar models and what they go for.

14. Davidt Dec 1, 2015

Just the bracelet in the ultrasonic right?

15. mart Dec 1, 2015

For this age and type of watch probably the safest. Thanks ;) if anyone has any info on what it is or what era i can't figure it out. Not a single one on chrono24. Educated guess would say '70's or maybe early '80's? ? ?

16. ChrisN Dec 1, 2015

I'd guess at the seventies and possibly one of the 68x calibres such as a 684. These are super little movements being about a 2/3 size cal 565. The 683/684/685 even run at 21600 and the latter is a Chronometer spec. No real value though.

Apart from that, no help, sorry;)

Cheers, Chris

17. mart Dec 1, 2015

Allright. Will clean and put it up for auction locally. Might be able to get a couple hundred for it.

18. novina Dec 1, 2015

So you have an Omega Automatic Geneve, all the basic information is right there. If you searched this site, you would come across enough information to give you a good idea of what it is. Doing a little leg work yielded this:
    [​IMG]
    Features
    International collection
    Dimensions
    Ø22 mm
    Case
    Stainless steel
    Case Back Type
    Screw-in
    Dial
    Metal, with luminous "index" hour markers and luminous "stick" hands
    Crystal
    Armoured hesalite
    Bracelet
    Leather
    Function
    Movements
    Type
    Automatic (mechanical)
    Caliber Number (this is what you are looking for on the movement, called rightfully a caliber)
    681 / 684
    Other
    Cal. 681
    Created in 1963, 24 jewels
    Cal. 684
    Created in 1971, 24 jewels
    Both with central sweep-second hand
    TECHNICAL DATA
    Water resistance
    30 meters

Found here:http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage/

Looks close to what you have without the bracelet. And is the bracelet original? Is it your exact model, not sure. Only way to tell what it actually is, is to take off the case back and find the movement number (caliber) and the case reference. As I have recently been looking at these for my wife, in running condition, maybe $150-$200. But as there is like interest in them, it is possible to see only half that amount. Also, it being an AUTOMATIC would mean it would be instantly in for a service which itself could be $200 or more depending on condition. You can see why there is such little interest. You basically double your investment to get a watch worth half the value. Again, caliber and case reference number are need to be exact. Take this information as a starting point and see where it takes you.

Good luck

mart and ChrisN like this.
  19. mart Dec 1, 2015

Thank you Novina