Forums Latest Members
  1. fnzeee May 14, 2018

I do not have a photo of the movement or inside case back, but can anyone tell the model of this 1960's De Ville with the gold date? Also, I assume the dial may have been redone, but I cannot tell. Seller claims original crown and dial, but no indication whether redialed.

Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_001.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_002.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_003.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_004.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_005.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_006.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_007.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_008.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_009.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_010.jpg Omega_Seamaster_DeVille_011.jpg
  2. No Mercy May 14, 2018

Look like Ref. 166.020, and yes yours is redialed.

fnzeee likes this.
  3. fnzeee May 14, 2018

Thank you! I will look it up for further details. For the dial I typically try to avoid redials, but this one looked fairly well done to me...the ticks are even, no visible paint on the markers, the font looks close to the original. May I ask what it is you see that tips you off its a redial (I wish to learn)?

4. connieseamaster May 14, 2018

The "O" is oval rather than round and the "S" is the wrong shape for the reference

fnzeee likes this.
  5. fnzeee May 14, 2018

Wow, that is some experience talking! Thank you...looks so obvious now...lol.

6. fnzeee May 14, 2018

Most of the De Villes I see of this model have the reference S as mentioned above, but when I searched online to try to figure it out for myself, interestingly these two do not:

On interwatches...same S.
    https://www.interwatches.com/omega-seamaster-de-ville-166020-p61048

And this on on Christies from "Mad Men" also:
    https://www.christies.com/lotfinder...tainless-steel-automatic-5967746-details.aspx

And the Christie's one for sure is a confirmed redial...so you guys know your stuff! There are so many variations and nuances with Omegas...its really fascinating and fun, but definitely makes it challenging to know which font variations may indicate a redial. Its obvious when its a poor job (spacing, size, totally different font, etc), but when it appears to be a font that is used, but just not for a given model it can get complicated!

Edited May 14, 2018