Forums Latest Members
  1. Charlesdep Jan 6, 2016

Hi!
    I've just received a gift from my parents. An Omega which my grandpa used to wear. I fell instant in love with it, but I'm wondering which model it is? After searching trough the whole vintage database I still couldn't find it. Maybe you can help me out? I'm now talking about the one that is on my wrist. I've also added a picture of another Omega, after looking on the Vintage watch site I think it is the 1962 Constellation Calendar.. Am I right?

Thanks in advance guys!

IMG_5195.JPG IMG_5192.JPG
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 6, 2016

You are doing it the hard way. Take the watch to a watchmaker, have the back opened up and take pictures of the movement and inside of the caseback.

Then maybe we can give you a little more information.
    gatorcpa

P.S. The Constellation looks like a Ref. 168.004, but it is difficult to tell much from such a blurry picture.

efauser likes this.
  3. ConElPueblo Jan 7, 2016

Hi there. Welcome to the site! I'll recommend that you do as Gator suggests and get the caseback of. I don't know the model (looks great!), but it isn't a Constellation, neither has it got the Calendar function, which was what Omega called the date function on some watches.

4. Charlesdep Jan 7, 2016

Thank you both for the reply's! Both watches are at the watchmakers shop right now, going there tomorrow to check it out. I'll let you know when I know more.

5. Pvt-Public Jan 7, 2016

Since its at the watchmaker maybe you can take pictures of the back, inside the back, and the movement. be sure all numbers can be clearly seen. With those numbers you will get some answers.

6. ConElPueblo Jan 7, 2016

Oh sorry, I thought you were asking if the first watch was a Constellation! :confused: