Forums Latest Members

What model do I have / what is it worth?

1. ragin_cajuns Mar 22, 2017

I have had my Omega for about 10 years. I believe it is coaxial Seamaster but not sure beyond that. How do I tell exactly what model I have and any ideas what its worth?

I no longer wear it and want to sell it. Where would the best place to sell watches be?

thanks

[​IMG]

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2017

List it on eBay no reserve and you'll get market value, the condition isn't great with the badly chipped / scratched crystal and marked bezel and it likely needs a full service badly by now so don't expect big money as the next owner will have to spend a lot to get it in usable condition but eBay will find you what it's worth.

Atalien2005 likes this.
  3. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 22, 2017

Another reason I love the hesalite. $25-40 for a replacement.

Sapphire on the other hands, 10 times that.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2017

True that, and the SMP bezel is not cheap at all either to replace, with parts I could see the full service and repair being over a grand without much difficulty and the next owner will have to factor that in.

5. ragin_cajuns Mar 22, 2017

the crystal isn't scratched at all - zero scratches. its just the way the pic looks with background lights and reflections.

6. ragin_cajuns Mar 22, 2017

how do I verify what model it is?

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 22, 2017

8. tyrantlizardrex Mar 22, 2017

Asking nicely would be a good first step.

N1CK, blacktiger, FullyWound and 4 others like this.
  9. mr_yossarian Mar 22, 2017

probably too much effort for the short term presence here :)?

blacktiger, MikiJ and Rodmar like this.
  10. tyrantlizardrex Mar 22, 2017

Manners, Maketh, Man.

N1CK, blacktiger, Badwolf and 4 others like this.
  11. Rodmar Mar 22, 2017

Give ya 1k right now for it!

Jwit likes this.
  12. ragin_cajuns Mar 22, 2017

for tyrantlizardrex
    man y'all are a rough crowd. asking how to verify what model it is was rude or not nice? I deserved the comment about it being too much effort. from the tone of your comment I wouldn't want an answer form you so post elsewhere. if your experience has shown that ppl come on here for "short term" then it probably has a lot do to with the welcoming tone you display. I got what I needed and there's no need to stay to talk to ppl like you so I won't even be checking back on the post for your obviously upcoming childish response.

13. Rodmar Mar 22, 2017

But didn't you just use the excuse of one member's response you didn't like to to live up to their expectations??

You just said you'll never be back after the free advice you just got, isn't that rude in itself to the members who did help?

N1CK, adi4 and Meme-Dweller like this.
  14. corn18 Mar 22, 2017

You're welcome.

N1CK, blacktiger, Jwit and 4 others like this.
  15. tyrantlizardrex Mar 22, 2017

Since you seem more than happy to behave like a child, I feel no remorse for treating you as such, when I say:

"What's the magic word?"

Please @ragin_cajuns. Please is the magic word.

When you ask someone to do something for you, you say please.

Very frankly, if someone isn't capable of asking for something politely, why on earth would any of us want them to stay?

16. mr_yossarian Mar 22, 2017

So predictable. I left so many groups and forums because of these "quick f***" creatures that I really react allergic instantly when I see any of their usual posting patterns. I want peace of mind and culture, in topics and behaviour..

watchknut likes this.
  17. FREDMAYCOIN Mar 22, 2017

We can't please them all!

18. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 22, 2017

Actually that 'I got what I needed' sounds very like a similar fly by night from the other evening. I wonder if we are now getting baited by repeat offenders.

Chris is right, lets assume all these kind of first post rude 'TELL ME NOW' enquiries are from selfish arses and treat them as such until they can be bothered to learn some civility. They never come back even when you do bend over backwards to help, until the next time they either mug someone or strike it lucky at a car boot sale.

adi4, kkt, mr_yossarian and 2 others like this.
  19. 5starChad Mar 22, 2017

Asking advice then using the excuse of established members being rude as the reason to never come back to the forum thus making the established members correct about you the entire time. So much douche.

Jwit and kkt like this.
  20. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 22, 2017

@5starChad .... Folks here participate and add to the robust knowledge base that is OF. While it is understood that English may be a second language for many, it is polite to begin with a salutation, a little back ground, a request grounded in prior research and better pictures and of course, a thank you in advance for the community's help. We get far too many TELL ME WHAT THIS WATCH IS AND HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH! commands here. So folks get a bit terse. What is remarkable however is when a polite request is made, is the lengths that folks will go to help. Cheers

ICONO, Longbow, SouthernScot and 2 others like this.