Forums Latest Members

What Makes The Omega Speedmaster Alaska I Project Watch So Special?

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Nov 13, 2018

[​IMG]
    Last weekend this Speedmaster Alaska I Prototype fetched CHF193,750 (including the premium). But what is this watch exactly and what makes it so special? For this Speedy Tuesday feature, we try to break it down for you. Speedmaster Alaska 1 Project Omega was already the chronograph of choice for NASA, based on the procurement and […]

Visit What Makes The Omega Speedmaster Alaska I Project Watch So Special? to read the full article.

LeonDeBayonne, SpeedyPhill and Tet like this.
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 13, 2018

An interesting #SpeedyTuesday story to say the least!
    Would such a Mark II tonneau case fit in the well-known red outer case of the Alaska Project ?

Robert-Jan likes this.
  3. lustrousaurus Nov 13, 2018

The Alaska Project fascinates me more and more every day. Great read, Robert-Jan!

Robert-Jan likes this.
  4. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Nov 14, 2018

lustrousaurus likes this.
  5. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 14, 2018

Thanks for this RJB, just saved it ready for my lunch break read. I already see you're teasing me yet again with my ultimate grail the five minute bezel Akaska prototype at the bottom there. I NEED a recreation of this watch!

I've never seen the tonneau cased one in the image above before, even that is beautiful to my eyes.

6. Koen Nov 14, 2018

Nice article, thanks a lovely dial, hands and case combo that is.

I have never seen an original case with those uneven chamfers and the brushed space at 3 and 9 seems wide for an original case.

Where can I find more photos?

7. Koen Nov 14, 2018

8. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Nov 14, 2018