Forums Latest Members

What is your favourite holiday destination?

1. lillatroll Mar 7, 2018

I am lucky enough to get plenty of holidays and the wife and I like going to new places. Out of the places I have been,Tokyo remains my favourite, the randomness of it and the friendly people made it a great city to visit. I loved its hustle and bustle and the food is tip top. What about you? where would you say is best place you have visited.

DG GW and Dial & Bezel like this.
  2. gostang9 Mar 7, 2018

Like you, I also have been fortunate to visit many cities internationally (for work and pleasure).

Aside from the usual popular destinations, one city that stands out in my mind as particularly charming was Valencia Spain.

lillatroll likes this.
  3. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Mar 7, 2018

I was gifted a first class trip to Rome. I enjoyed having a Certified Archioligist for separate tours of Vatican City including the Vatican, it self except for the Pope's quarters. The Pope's garage was cool as was the Pope's garage, but the Sistine Chapel and The Vatican Museum were fabulous. In fact you need at least 2 days to really enjoy all the artifacts, including the ceiling to fully appreciate the Museum. The Colosseum and the Ruins were interesting, but just OK. One of these days, I'd love to have enough "paper" to go back.

pitpro and lillatroll like this.
  4. ulackfocus Mar 7, 2018

My wife is from Maui, so every few years we visit her family. I tell ya, the sacrifices I make for her! :whistling: :p

We visit Florida annually. This started out as a Spring Training Pilgrimage. Now we visit so many friends and relatives we don’t have time to see a game. We’re okay with that.

Oh, and we like Nassau / Paradise Island too. ;) Got a connection there as well.

nonuffinkbloke, pitpro and lillatroll like this.
  5. Drawarms Mar 7, 2018

Greece is unreal if you have not been.

6. lillatroll Mar 7, 2018

On the tour around the Vatican told us that if you looked at every artefact in the Vatican for 1 minute it would take 16 years to see everything.
    Rome is a wonderful city.

bardamu, pitpro and MikiJ like this.
  7. bazderome Mar 7, 2018

I'm in Tokyo right now and I've to say it goes straight to the top ! Everything like you said plus great place to get some deals on speeds...

lillatroll likes this.
  8. lillatroll Mar 7, 2018

Would love to visit Florida, I am trying to convince my wife that America is a wonderful country for holidays but she is not convinced. America is one of the best places to holiday, so diverse and apart from the odd nutcase I have to say I only encountered warm and helpful people, even in New York, welll the subway woman was a bit miserable when I asked for directions but you can t win them all.

9. gostang9 Mar 7, 2018

It’s great having an excuse to go to a nice place regularly. My in-laws are in New Orleans which isn’t bad for an annual visit, not as nice as Maui of course.

We’re leaving for Maui on Friday. It’ll be our first time and I’m very much looking forward to it.

pitpro likes this.
  10. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Mar 7, 2018

I really like Brussels. I have a soft spot for cities with trams.

The German city of Heidelberg is amazing too.

When in US I really liked Seattle. San Francisco too. And Boston was also great. Oh and New York.

Slovenia is also a beautiful and amazing country.

11. Tuura990 Mar 7, 2018

I'm a fan of Baja Mexico. We had a house Puerto Penasco as kids and I just fell in love with Mexico. Little bit rough down there at the moment.

12. bubba48 Mar 7, 2018

Dolomites are my annual buen retiro

P1060875.JPG

P1060888.JPG

Here my daughter under the Roda di Vael

P1060925.JPG

I like to visit Rome, Barcelona and Prague periodically

davidswiss, gemini4, bardamu and 7 others like this.
  13. ulackfocus Mar 7, 2018

Rent a convertible and drive the Hana Highway. Best scenery EVER!!!

Eat dinner at a luau with a hula show. Awesome pork and cute dancers. Those girls can shake it!

pitpro and gostang9 like this.
  14. gostang9 Mar 7, 2018

Would love a convertible, but going with my brother-in-law and his family, so it’s a minivan kind of trip (lots of luggage to transport!).

15. makaria indica Mar 7, 2018

I live in a pretty quite remote location, so visiting a big smoke is always something to look forward to... Berlin is top of the list

Greece is broken, young local girls wearing back packs on their front is an indication...

Getting home to New Zealand is always a reminder of the master craftsman work God is capable of.

davidswiss, pitpro and lillatroll like this.
  16. Canuck Mar 7, 2018

Anywhere in Italy. Anywhere in Scotland. I’m easy to please.

bardamu, kkt, pitpro and 2 others like this.
  17. Looneytoons Mar 7, 2018

Difficult to pick a favorite. Ireland is superb. One trip with friends before I got married we flew into Dublin, rented a car and I drove in the Irish rain on the wrong side of the road, at night, to City Cork. Drunk. We were attending the Jazz Fest. Guiness at the source is unlike anything that comes in a can or on tap in the U. S.A.

Tuscany is another place we go back to again and again. Florence and Pisa. Pisa and Florence. Any spot in between.
    In Florence is Bar Vivoli for gelati.

18. aluxtrader Mar 7, 2018

St Marteen!

19. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 7, 2018

Travel the world with work at times and oddly some of the most beautiful scenery i see is home in the Northern Territory Australia.
    Take people fishing remotely and the gobsmacked looks on their faces says it all. The fact there is no road to get to most of the places keeps them pristine.

Do love Prague (or anywhere really) in snow season

pitpro, khmt2 and lillatroll like this.
  20. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Mar 8, 2018

For a city
    Venice, very special place , no where else like it.
    (And not just because it is awash with hippocampi)
    For a region.
    Cote d’azur, chic coastal cities for posin’ and great scenery and hill top towns in hinterland for chillin’