Forums Latest Members
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancepar Oct 30, 2017

I have attached a photo of the battery movement in an Omega Speedmaster.
    Is this something that goes on often or what.
    Can't make out the maker, anybody help?
    £350.00 ono. Worth thinking about????
    Cheers
    :cool:

battery Omega Speedmaster.jpg s-l160aer0.jpg

sdf1600.jpg
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 30, 2017

Cheap quartz fake. Clearly marked as a miyota movement.

I’m going to bet the right subdial is 24 hours.

Edited Oct 30, 2017
  3. lancepar Oct 30, 2017

Ha Ha,. When I first saw it I thought the seller had made a mistake with the price, then I read the description which said it was battery operated and he also thinks it's not right.
    I'm learning.
    http://tinyurl.com/y8tbzspo

:cool:

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 30, 2017

Honestly the whole look of the watch sets off warning signs. You don’t need to see the movement to know that’s a fake.

I suggest reading speedmaster101.com to get a better feel for these watches.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 30, 2017

Bracelet is fake also.

Auction reported.

6. Waltesefalcon Oct 31, 2017

::puke::

7. sevenhelmet Oct 31, 2017

Booooo! Stay away!! Yes, it happens far too often that someone fakes a Speedmaster and attempts to pass it off as the real thing. There's a special place in Hell for replica watch makers. Not passing them off as fake is NOT an excuse- if you make a counterfeit watch, the Devil is coming for you. :mad:

Below is the real deal, photo taken for Speedy Tuesday. :D Note the markers are the same length around the dial- particularly at 3 and 9 o'clock. This indicates proper sub-dial spacing, which is possibly the fastest way to differentiate real from fake. (Note: Moonwatches only. The Speedy Reduced has shorter chapter marks at 3 and 9 o'clock, despite being a genuine Omega product, so be sure what you're looking at isn't a Reduced.)

Another way to spot a fake is the depth of the subdials- if they aren't slightly sunken below the level of the main dial, it's likely a fake. It can be hard to tell in some photos, but is very obvious when handling the real watch.

Finally, a quartz movement will "jump" from one second to another, vs. the smoother "sweep" of a mechanical movement on the real thing.

If all that fails, have a competent watchmaker open the back of the watch. It'll be obvious right away if it's the real Lemania movement. Fakes are improving every day, so the best defense is knowledge- force those ::censored:: jerks to spend so much on their fakes that it isn't economical any more.

IMG_3436.jpg
    The genuine article. :cool:

Edited Oct 31, 2017
  8. panaitchrono Oct 31, 2017

unbelievable...::facepalm1::

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 31, 2017

Locking since fake...

STANDY likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.