What is this vintage longines automatic?

I’ve been researching and reading a ton but I just can’t find a match. I have no photos of the movement or case back, so I’m simply going off looks.

It kind of looks like a conquest, but has no marking indicating it as such. The longines font seems to match to me, so I’m under the impression it is legit, I just can’t find one online to compare.

Thank you for any insight!

IMG_4853.jpeg IMG_4854.jpeg IMG_4855.jpeg View attachment 1707505

Looks like a flagship-version.... 19.4 caliber ? ??

What diameter is it?
No diameter unfortunately but it weighs 28.9 Gross dwt.

Thanks so much for your help.

I don't see any obvious problems aside from the crown, but better photos would be helpful. These appear to be professional dealer photos, so you could probably provide more context and better information.

I don't see any obvious problems aside from the crown, but better photos would be helpful. These appear to be professional dealer photos, so you could probably provide more context and better information.
Thanks for your insight.

They do seem to be professional photos but the watch is from an estate. This guy in my area clears out estates and lists everything. He’s not very helpful for further info…

Any sense of value on this, considering this is all the info available?

Looks like a flagship-version.... 19.4 caliber ? ??
Maybe caliber 19A as the dial has "Automatic" and caliber 19.4 is manual wind.

@C Master I have seen similar examples before. It is an American-market watch, with an American-made case. These are somewhat less desirable than examples with Swiss-made cases. However, the one you found has a nice dial and looks to be in good condition, overall. I would guess that it was made around the late 1950s/early 1960s. Looking at eBay's sold listings, value for these 14K Longines seems to be roughly $500-$1000, though I could not find a very similar watch for comparison.

Maybe caliber 19A as the dial has "Automatic" and caliber 19.4 is manual wind.

@C Master I have seen similar examples before. It is an American-market watch, with an American-made case. These are somewhat less desirable than examples with Swiss-made cases. However, the one you found has a nice dial and looks to be in good condition, overall. I would guess that it was made around the late 1950s/early 1960s. Looking at eBay's sold listings, value for these 14K Longines seems to be roughly $500-$1000, though I could not find a very similar watch for comparison.

Thank you so much for your incredibly helpful insight.

I’ve never heard of such a thing where a swiss maker produces in the US. That explains why there was no “swiss made” on the dial.

I wasnt able to find similar listing on ebay or anywhere reallt either. In fact, the arrowhead markers seem nonexistent.

Is there any chance they aren’t original in your estimation? Purely based off the lack of similar examples…

Thank you so much for your incredibly helpful insight.
I’ve never heard of such a thing where a swiss maker produces in the US. That explains why there was no “swiss made” on the dial.
I wasnt able to find similar listing on ebay or anywhere reallt either. In fact, the arrowhead markers seem nonexistent.
Is there any chance they aren’t original in your estimation? Purely based off the lack of similar examples…
You are welcome. Many Swiss watches had locally-made cases. Regarding the dial, I believe that I have seen examples that are identical before. Like @Dan S, I am very confident that it is original and not refinished. One thing I do notice is the appearance of a small gap between the outer edge of the dial and the case. I have not looked closely at these Amerinca-market examples for a while so this might be normal. Ideally, I would want to see the movement and inside of the case-back in order to feel more confident that the case is correct.

I ended up buying it at auction.

I think I did quite well all things considered. Of course - all will depend on how it looks after I open the case.
Edited:

Assuming that the inside of the case-back and movement look fine, which seems likely, I think you did well.

Based on the value of gold, I think you did well on price. Beyond that, I like the look of the watch and the condition. However, I don't know the size, which is very important.

I believe the 1200 refers to the crystal retractor tool used to remove these crystals. The model 1,200 crystal wrench.

IMG_1987.jpeg

Assuming that the inside of the case-back and movement look fine, which seems likely, I think you did well.
Based on the value of gold, I think you did well on price. Beyond that, I like the look of the watch and the condition. However, I don't know the size, which is very important.

I appreciate both of your insights and continual contributions to this thread very, very much!

I will share additional photos once I have watch in hand. We will see how I did (truly) then. Its an adventure for all of us!

Thanks again!

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Hi all, received the watch yesterday and it is absolutely stunning. I believe it’s around 34mm size which is great. I was planning on flipping it but considering how beautiful it is, I may have to keep it… IMG_4876.jpeg