What is the FP Journe gossip all about?

Both Federico and Theo and Harris seem to think that FP Journe is headed down the toilet... because FP Journe "said some things" ??

But neither actually say what it is he said that was so bad.

Anyone got the scoop?

It seems a bit unlikely that an enitre brand could sink because of a few drunken words... sounds like BS to me!

I still don't get why FPJ himself kept hosting these "dinners". If you have 20 wealthy drunks sitting at a table, sooner or later "what can your maids do?" will eventually becomes a topic. Drunken business dinner is idiotic on every continent. Yet, mandatory in most parts of the world.

No one can substantiate what Journe said (unless they have it recorded). I doubt anyone has a recording, it would have surfaced by now. Unless drunk Journe slapped the shit out of a service staff, in front of everyone, else, what he said won't harm his empire.
Edited:

I still don't get why FPJ himself kept hosting these "dinners". If you have 20 wealthy drunks sitting at a table, sooner or later "what can you maids do?" will eventually became a topic. Drunken business dinner is idiotic on every continent. Yet, mandatory in most parts of the world.

No one can substantiate what Journe said (unless they have it recorded). I doubt anyone has a recording, it would have surfaced by now. Unless drunk Journe slapped the shit out of a service staff, in front of everyone, else, what he said won't harm his empire.

I've only just heard about it - I have absolutely no personal or professional relationship with him, still don't even own an FPJ watch! (I wish)

But he's someone I'm interested in because I covet so many of his offerings.

I try and avoid gossip - and I like to think that there are still "real" people in the world, not just corporate CEO types with no character!

But I do wonder what he said - apparently several key FPJ collectors who were sitting at the table immediately got up, left and sold their entire collections!

Some speculate because they forsaw a downturn in FPJ... eh.

Like 1
Some speculate because they forsaw a downturn in FPJ... eh.

This doesn’t make any sense:
1) I don't see collectors invited to a Journe dinner worry about depreciation of their watches.
2) I don't need Rolex to piss me off to sell my stash to avoid a loss. I'd just sell it. So can Journe’s clients.
3) I don't see why current collectors pulling Journe thru the mud to unload their pieces. This benefits no-one. It actually hurts their resale value.

FPJ said racist/sexist shit, or worst, argued his offensive points to his guests.. My guess is he complained about new-money collectors, of a certain continent.
Edited:

Like 3
1)I don't see collectors being invited to a Journe dinner worry about depreciation of their watches.
2)I don't need Rolex to piss me off to sell my stash to avoid a loss. I'd just sell it.
3)I don't see why collectors should pull Journe thru the mud to unload their pieces. This benefits no-one.

FPJ said racist/sexist shit, or worst, argued his offensive points to his guests.. My guess is he complained about new-money collectors, of a certain continent.

I see, I see... thanks.

Never cared about FPJ even when you could just walk in and buy one. His pompous ‘Invenit et Fecit’ on the dial is just too annoying.

Like 2
My friend has one (the chronometre souverain havana in rose gold) and I think it's stunning, even better in the flesh. The dial, hands and movement are gorgeous. I'd very happily have one in the collection.

Like 2
Did he break wind perhaps, no greater faux Pas at a dinner party...

My brother has one. I just don’t see what the hype is all about. I think about all the wonderful, multiple watches that could be had for the same amount (plus, tons leftover to donate to charity).