Forums Latest Members

What is the caliber on the Planet Ocean 600 M Chronograph from 2007?

1. laurent22 Sep 2, 2015

Hello,

I am new to this forum and after many years of wanting a nice watch, I am finally considering getting this one:

http://www.collection-heure.be/fr/m...master-planet-ocean-complet-acier-cadran-noir

My question is about the caliber. This model has a 3313 caliber, however I've heard that there are three types (A, B and C) and the A and B types have small issues, which have been corrected in C. Any idea what caliber a model from 2007 is likely to have? The seller doesn't know.

Another related question is, does anybody know from when to when these watches were produced? I guess if it was produced towards the end, it's more likely to have a 3313C.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 2, 2015

No way to tell unless you have the serial number of the specific watch in question., If you can get that, send me a PM with the number, and I'll look it up to see if it tells me what specific variation is in that watch.

Cheers, Al

3. laurent22 Sep 3, 2015

Thank you, in fact I am probably going to get a watch with a different caliber.

4. hidefhome Sep 19, 2015

Hi Archer. I've been reading about the issues of the caliber 3313 A and B and how it has all been resolved in the C series. I'm about to buy this watch but the seller cannot tell me what year model the watch is because he himself got it pre owned. Would it be possible to determine if this watch has the 3313 A, B or C? I'll be meeting the seller tomorrow and bringing it to an authorized service center to have the watch checked for authenticity and condition. But if you can get back to me within the next few hours and tell me its an A or B, then I would not be interested in the watch anymore. I understand that being A or B doesn't automatically mean its a lemon, I just would not want to take the risk of purchasing the watch and have it breakdown on me in the near future. The $500 or more cost of having it serviced is just too much for me. I hope you can get back to me at the soonest possible time. Thank you.

image-fbe3cca63d6a4bf042b7dcb50a2d32bd7b9441a2ebfee4da615e10a537859d55-V.jpg omega poc 2.jpg omega poc 1.jpg
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 19, 2015

Serial number 78523872 is a ref. 22105000, and according to the records I can see uses a 3313C.

Cheers, Al

6. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2015

Any chronograph is going to cost at least $300, and probably more, to service correctly. Just like they say with automobiles: if you can't afford the upkeep then you can't afford the car.

7. hidefhome Sep 19, 2015

Hi Archer. Thank you very much for your immediate reply. Knowing that it is a 3313C makes me more confident about buying the watch. Be well.

8. hidefhome Sep 19, 2015

Hi ulackfocus. Thank you for your comment. Yes you are right. However, what I really meant was that the $500 cost of having it serviced, should it turn out to be a 3313A or B and should it break down on me immediately or within the near future of me purchasing it, was too much of a risk for me. I also understand that even if the caliber is a 3313C, I still run the risk of the watch breaking down immediately or anytime soon after my purchase. But knowing that it is a 3313C gives me more peace of mind with regards to the caliber's reliability and therefore for me, a lesser risk.

Be well.