Forums Latest Members
  1. smithrjd May 3, 2012

All of my vintage watches will be back next week. The Zodiac Seawolf and the Breitling Chronomat are automatics, the Seamaster is a manual wind. I do plan to wear them on occassion, but will not wear them daily. Is it best to keep them running? Or can they be left stopped for a period of time. I am not really a collector, just happen to have more watches than I can wear.

2. ulackfocus May 3, 2012

No need to keep them running. Wind and set as you wear them, and let them run down when you don't. Just find a place that they won't get damaged when you aren't wearing them.

3. Luwe May 3, 2012

Oil is nowadays that good that you don´t need to keep them running....

You could put the automatics in a winder if you´re to lazy to set date and time :)

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member May 3, 2012

Just keep them in a nice safe place, they should be fine! I keep mine in here. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ulackfocus May 3, 2012

Wait, I want to change my answer!

The best way to store your Omega is in my watch box. It'll have lots of relatives to chat with and will never be lonely. ;)

6. smithrjd May 3, 2012

The Omega is actually the odd one out, The Breitling is also a chrongraph, and is the one my son has expressed interest in. I doubt that the Omega will get worn very often. If someone were to offer a GMT style watch of similiar condition and value and needs a freshly serviced Soccer Timer I might be interested.