Forums Latest Members

What has the world come to? Answer: a fake Swatch

1. redpcar Sep 23, 2016

Ok, I've seen fake Seikos dating back to the late '70s. Fake Swiss Army. A fake Swatch? Really? I picked this up at one of my local stops for $3. Didn't even look twice. Why should I? What's next? Fake Timex? Pictures provided so others don't make the same mistake. I'm adding this one to my Hall of Shame. Spare me the obvious signs (hand missing, dial peeling, etc). I didn't look. $3 noob tax ::facepalm2::

Swatch.jpg Swatch Movement.jpg
    I mean, wtf?

2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Sep 23, 2016

I am bit confused...did you buy this thinking it was real or because it is one of the world's worst fake watches...ever

redpcar likes this.
  3. redpcar Sep 23, 2016

2 feet away with mild reading glasses. Wasn't wearing the "killers" for keen observation ;)
    Agreed, upon close examination, it is a piece of shit. This is the first time I've been exposed to a fake Swatch.
    Already parted it out and I got some great stuff............umm............ a spring bar.......and uh...........crown..........yep, that's it.

Paedipod likes this.
  4. meganfox17 Sep 24, 2016

On another note , fake Swatch watches & other branded Swiss timepieces are dime-a dozen in Kuala Lumpus blatantly displayed in an infamous flea market[​IMG]The traders specialize in counterfeiting clothes watches ,shoes & leather goods[​IMG]They say imitation is a form of flattery but mid-high end brands dont find it funny[​IMG]Sure..Knock yourself out bargaining & choosing a souvenir for a friend or a foe back home[​IMG] " True Certified Genuine Fake Paul Newman Daytona Sir....? " [​IMG]

Edited Sep 24, 2016
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 24, 2016

They can fake a egg nowdays

soybeanwatch likes this.
  6. flyingout Sep 24, 2016

True, but the laksa, hokkien char mee, and durian are blatantly displayed not that far away. Yum.

[​IMG]

ahartfie and meganfox17 like this.
  7. flyingout Sep 24, 2016

Jalan Alor, yes. Photo shamelessly stolen. Makanan sangat sedap. Lah.

8. meganfox17 Sep 24, 2016

Hi @flyingout

[emoji12] Now i cannot tell the difference between aTrue & a Fake Malaysian !
    You must have travelled to Malaysia many times over the years,staying here for months at a stretch...[emoji6]

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 24, 2016

My wife would want the durian displayed further away than that!

meganfox17 likes this.
  10. jimmyd13 Sep 24, 2016

If there's a profit to be turned, no matter how small that profit might be, someone will fake it, adulterate it or mis-label it.

More than half the Sicuras on eBay are "by Breitling"; we've all seen Frankenwatches, some of which are almost forgiveable while others are just ... well, we've all seen them; there's fake Apple, fake Ikea but when you get to fake police (http://bizarrevictoria.livejournal.com/44351.html) what are you supposed to do? For any QI fans out there, there were even fake raspberry seeds carved from softwood for the fake raspberry jam industry.

meganfox17 likes this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 24, 2016

The thing with watches is there are so many people that know it's fake and want it that keeps the fakers faking

meganfox17 likes this.
  12. cristos71 Sep 24, 2016

OMG a fake egg! But even in expensive NL an egg only costs around 10c, so production costs here must be 3 or 4 cents max and in China much, much less.

Where is the margin in faking an egg?

13. rcs914 Sep 30, 2016

14. soybeanwatch Oct 1, 2016

Lollll