Forums Latest Members
  1. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 15, 2013

2. Interstatetime May 15, 2013

I have only seen a few photos of this grade Lou (yours) so I have no basis to make any extensive comment. I will just say that the overall appearance is very "factory" looking. It seems to have the long sweep second hand which sort of fits the dial style very well with the lumed rectangle just coming to the edge of the seconds track and the pointer extending as it looks like it should. I wish the picture was clearer and I wish there were more pictures.

Nice looking watch....It could end up being a steal or a sucker punch....Caveat Emptor.

JohnCote

3. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist May 15, 2013

Agree with John, but leaning toward sucker punch. This dial design, is, as far as I can tell, unique. The chapter ring and elaborate minute and second markers are not present on other known examples of the G 583, such as the one owned by the venerable LouS:

G 583

Numerals on the hour subdial are also on the small side. The thing is... I like this dial design better than the original. Could it be a variant? Those were wild times in Le Locle, as John and his one-off 3019 PHF can attest. :)

4. ulackfocus May 15, 2013

What's with the circle that runs over the date window?

5. Interstatetime May 15, 2013

Dennis....again, I sort of like that circle. I sort of like this design better than the Lou original. The proper original is plain and sort of dressy. This oddball with its more sporty or technical look has more appeal.

Making the whole look of a watch....case, dial, hands, crown, pushers, bezel, crystal etc work together to achieve a real working balance is tough. This is evidenced by the obviously wrong look of a lot of put together watches and by a lot horrible factory looks which have failed to catch on. I am not saying that some hack couldn't have put this one together. I guess I am just saying that if some hack did. he/she did a pretty presentable job...at least to my taste.

JC

6. BGBG May 15, 2013

Here you are boys some pictures of the watch the seller sent me the first time the watch was on ebay which it sold, and surprise surprise its back on ebay again, their seems to be swiss made on the bottom of the dial and the A in chronograph and in automatic seem pointed not a bad looking dial if original, I wounder will he give me commission if it sells.

IMG_1800.JPG IMG_1803.JPG IMG_1804.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1807.JPG IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1809.JPG IMG_1800.JPG IMG_1800.JPG IMG_1803.JPG IMG_1804.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1807.JPG IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1809.JPG
  7. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 15, 2013

Thanks for the public service, BGBG. Might not be a commission though, as the better pics make it pretty clearly a redial. That dial's been stripped and reprinted, the hour batons look in sad shape and the crown is too big for the little well that it is supposed to tuck into. Looked better from a distance with my glasses off.

8. BGBG May 15, 2013

yes yes yes and yes, maybe this will help somewone keep the trigger finger away from the keybord .

9. Interstatetime May 15, 2013

Wow! Was I wrong. Thanks for posting the real pictures. What a horrible dial.

JC

10. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist May 16, 2013