Forums Latest Members

What does this service card tell me?

1. dfiled Jan 3, 2015

Hey everyone,
    I recently bought a Speedmaster co-axial with the 3313 movement from a reputable seller on the grey market. The warranty card shows that it was originally purchased in 2010. The guy who sold it to me is not the original buyer, and when he bought it he was given a card showing a service in 2014 (see attached photo).

Here's my question: what does this card tell me about what work was performed in 2014? Can I assume that all parts were lubricated and checked for wear? Also, if this watch had the original 3313a caliber, would it be safe to assume that it would have been replaced with the 3313b or 3313c?

Any input is greatly appreciated. [​IMG]

2. dfiled Jan 3, 2015

Sorry here's the photo right way up. [​IMG]

3. NT931 Jan 3, 2015

Hmm, the card seems a bit skimpy, in my country the receipt from Swatch Group provides a lot more detail as to what was done. I hope it's legit - the space between the "Y" & "o" in "Your" seems unusual. Was there anything else besides this?

4. dfiled Jan 3, 2015

Interesting point, it never even occurred to me this form could be bogus. Anyone else think this card looks suspect?

oddboy likes this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2015

I have seen a few different versions of it and just checking around found pics of two others with that odd spacing in Your

6. repoman Jan 3, 2015

Just going with my gut here... but I just don't see someone faking an Omega service card.

7. dfiled Jan 3, 2015

Thanks for looking into this. I too found a photo online with the same weird gap in "your." I'm inclined to agree that it would be pointless to fake a service card. Unfortunately this is the only document I've been provided regarding the service so I suppose I'll never know exactly what was done.

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 3, 2015

Yea its much easier for someone to just say they lost it lol

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 4, 2015

Doesn't tell you much actually. The average rate is +3.6 and is within specs, and it passed some pressure testing.

Cheers, Al

10. cristit Jan 4, 2015

Why is written with a black pen and a blue one!?
    And the date 9.17.19 doesn't make sense to me.

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2015

Its written in two inks because the watchmaker first initialed and dated his work and left the test results on the card, then presumably the watch was passed along with the card to a quality assurance inspector who examined the watch again and signed off that it had passed his inspection by initialing and dating it.

The date is 9.17.14 or September 17th 2014

cristit likes this.
  12. cristit Jan 4, 2015

I see. I am not comfortable with the mm.dd.yy format. I am more used with dd.mm.yyyy
    Thanks!

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2015

Yea I'm guessing it was serviced by Omega's US service centers hence the date, its not a complicated vintage watch or anything so they'd have had no reason to ship it back to Bienne

14. dfiled Jan 4, 2015

I know it's partly because the tagline for this post is a bit misleading, but I wasn't asking so much what the card literally says, but rather what kind of service I can assume took place given the fact that the watch went in for service. Specifically, can I assume that all parts were checked for wear and lubricated if needed? And if the older caliber was there, would itS be safe to assume it was replaced with a 3313b or 3313c?

15. dfiled Jan 4, 2015

I think I've had my question answered in another forum, thanks.

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 4, 2015

If the watch was sent in for a full service, the movement would be disassembled, cleaned, checked for worn parts, those replaced, any upgrades required done, and then put back together.

Unless the movement was in very bad shape, like rusted after being flooded with water or something, they would not have replaced it.

Cheers, Al

17. alfanator Jan 4, 2015

I sent a watch in for warranty service in Seattle. To check regulation and they returned it with that card, and fixed the regulation. Probably something they do for each watch that comes in for QC.

[​IMG]

18. ck1109 Jan 6, 2015

I got a similar card when my I got my Speedmaster back from Seattle boutique after warranty repairs. I saw the itemized receipt of what work was done, but didn't get a copy.

19. powerfunk Jan 6, 2015

Swatch NJ has always given me that card stapled to the itemized receipt. Except when they sent my 105.012 on to Bienne; Bienne provided me no performance specs at all.

20. usfpaul82 Jan 7, 2015

I got the exact same type of card from a recent full service from an Omega US service center.