Forums Latest Members

What does the Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 include?

1. josephvman Jan 5, 2016

I'm thinking about adding the current Classic Moonwatch to my collection, the 311.30.42.30.01.005, but I'm not clear as to what it includes, most specifically straps. I was hoping it came with the classic NATO grey/black style like the Spectre, which is how I would exclusively wear it. If that's not the case I may just go used and buy that NATO strap at the boutique. Any idea what it costs?

2. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

Make sure you buy from an Authorised Dealer they may give a discount, or a boutique if you prefer. Please read bellow advice from Omega. You get loupe, black plain nato (not spectre) Velcro straps, booklet, ID cards and a tool to take straps off. The boutique sell the spectre strap separate but not sure of cost. Since your spending the money to do it correctly, make sure they get the watch from the safe fresh not the display one.
    http://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/faq/

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 5, 2016

I think the above post forgot to lead with "In my opinion..." as it definitely is not a concensus

oddboy and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  4. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

If forum members want to do their own thing that is ok in my opinion. I have love for everyone. However, in the opinion of the manufacturer who's name is on the watch you have purchased, they have a statement in their FAQ about where to purchase your watch from. There is no opinion from them you after all you are buying their product. Please read the below manufacturer instructions only way to ensure 0 doubts in what your buying, there in no in my opinion from them. If you do not buy the watch as per Omega's instructions (you can still get good discounts from Authorised Dealers and @Kringkily can help you source them) then feel free to buy the way you want to and come back on the forum and create a thread as something is now bothering you. If other forum members want to antagonise me into an argument I will only respond with a Omega's FAQ. I can't be arsed with silly arguments.

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 5, 2016

I sleep plenty well at night, and so does my non-AD Planet Ocean. But thanks for asking.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 5, 2016

pretty sure you already posted that link in this thread...

8. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

If other forum members want to antagonise me into an argument I will only respond with a Omega's FAQ. I can't be arsed with silly arguments.

9. tyrantlizardrex Jan 5, 2016

Hey, good choice - awesome to have a brand new one if you have the cash, but you can make some very good savings by picking up a gently used version.

In the UK, the Boutiques retail the standard NATO at £140 each, and the Bond and Black versions at £180 each. The leather in black, or brown is £240.

10. tyrantlizardrex Jan 5, 2016

11. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 5, 2016

Why start one then?

12. abrod520 Jan 5, 2016

If you buy new from the Omega Boutique itself, they'll likely throw in the black/grey NATO for free along with a pen or a hat etc. Of course, you'll end up paying full price for the watch though. My advice would be to search WatchRecon.com, research the model and sellers, find one you're OK with on price, and decide then whether you prefer secondhand, grey-market, AD (can give ~20% discounts), or Omega Boutique.

PatrickJ and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  13. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

It was in response to @BlackTalon post a few above yours. He wrote:

I think the above post forgot to lead with "In my opinion..." as it definitely is not a concensus

It is the same people again and again looking for a chance to open an old discussion. All I have done is give my opinion and the official Omega position. I will not waste my time I will respond with Omega FAQ from now on I have not tried to annoy anyone.

Edited Jan 5, 2016
  14. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 5, 2016

Why yes, yes it is.

To the OP -- my newish (gently used early 2015) Classic Moonwatch came with a black Nato, loop and springbar tool. The striped NATO is not part of the factory package.

PatrickJ likes this.
  15. abrod520 Jan 5, 2016

I'll also take this opportunity to loop in @Mad Dog who has the new Speedmaster and is very adept at photographing and documenting (and wearing!) the contents of "the Suitcase." I'm sure he'll be glad to help answer your question - provided you're not a Starbucks enthusiast.

Mad Dog and PatrickJ like this.
  16. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

@Mad Dog is the man

17. yinzerniner Jan 5, 2016

To add to the list of items @PatrickJ listed, you also receive:
    -Operating manual
    -Strap changing directions pamphlet
    -Speedmaster medallion
    -Extra set of springbars (not 100% sure if this is included in ALL the boxes. The two I had came with it, although they may've been added by the dealer after the fact)

The Nato that comes with the Limited Edition Spectre Seamaster 300 is not readily available for retail sale and it differs a bit from the regular Omega black/grey stripe ones as it has brushed vs polished hardware.

Edited Jan 5, 2016
    PatrickJ likes this.
  18. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

Sorry I forgot other bits and got it wrong on spectre strap. :)

19. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Jan 5, 2016

...because he's a snappy dresser while visiting Omaha, Nebraska. :thumbsup:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

abrod520 and PatrickJ like this.
  20. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016