Forums Latest Members
  1. Charles@UW May 8, 2016

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 8, 2016

Did you buy it?

3. Charles@UW May 8, 2016

Not yet, I'm not the highest bidder... You know the story...
    I receive an offer from seller, which is a higher than the winning price, but it's still considered fair price.
    Regardless the story, I'm more interested in the condition and originality of this Railmaster.

4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 8, 2016

After the auction closed.

This seller offered the piece to you.

At a price greater than 6 grand?

5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia May 8, 2016

+1 ??????
    As the seller indicated delivery time up to 26 days, he has plenty of time to find a better buyer :).

6. Charles@UW May 8, 2016

Hmmm, a BIG red sign, I guess?

7. cristos71 May 8, 2016

And just take a look at the bidding history :eek:

upload_2016-5-8_21-51-15.png

8. Steve1haggart May 8, 2016

looks like the watch shill bidding going on here ...... walk away walk away .

9. Charles@UW May 8, 2016

Well, I see that. That's why I said "Not yet, I'm not the highest bidder... You know the story..."
    But the watch itself looks a honest example.

10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 8, 2016

I must be the only one who doesn't see a happy ending to the story.

11. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 8, 2016

And aren't these PAF things one of THE most counterfeited items out there?

Take a Seamaster make it a Railmaster and engrave PAF on it. Voila! ees so bootiful!

12. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant May 8, 2016

........ No. it is not THE most faked item. pls. do your homework, before you write things like that. seems you never had one in your hand. they are rare and this example is in good condition and correct. and the seller has a very good standing in collectors circles. so, pls. step back from the computer, breathe normally , think first, check your knowledge and then..... write or maybe not write a comment. we all learn something new here every day; this might be your day. kind regards. achim

TNTwatch likes this.
  13. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! May 8, 2016

Well regardless of who he is, the listing and his actions offering the watch for greater than the high bid seem to raise some serious red flags.

Baz9614 likes this.
  14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! May 8, 2016

Before you jump someone's ass and belittle them, perhaps you should reread what ahsposo actually wrote. "And aren't these PAF things one of THE most counterfeited items out there?"

kingsrider and Stu-Silver like this.
  15. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 8, 2016

Do they get faked or not?

I didn't even look at the item really.

I was aghast that a seller would offer an item after an auction closed to someone other than the high bidder. Doesn't sound very reputable to me. But I could be wrong, I often am just ask the wife.

kingsrider and efauser like this.
  16. jimdgreat1 May 8, 2016

Would not the highest bidder be the one that wanted to pay the most?

The seller is looking for a, shit! I missed that watch! and is trying to fish for a higher bid.

17. shawn.dww May 8, 2016

Looks like a scam to me.. Run

18. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF May 8, 2016

Okay.

I took a deep breath and stepped away from the keyboard and here's what I think now.

The "winning" bidder, this t*** with no history is not a shill but an idiot screwing up an auction of a collectible item. I wonder if I could assume that our fair OP is this a***s the first "loser". The seller, a sterling fellow, offers the first loser a chance to outright buy the piece for some price that just happens to be higher than the fantasy bid that t*** put in. Second Chance I think it's called on eBay.

I would counter offer my highest losing bid if I really, really wanted the item. Even then I'd be sort off uneasy because the auction was queered by the idiot. I'd wonder if I was not paying a market set price after all but one that is too high for this item.

If I were the seller mind you I would take my lumps and start over with a new auction. But that's just me. Maybe that's the wrong thing to do. But it seems right to me.

Foo2rama and cristos71 like this.
  19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe May 8, 2016

If Achim (watchyouwant) know the seller, probably OP better PM him directly rather than bringing the debates here.
    It is a rare enough watch that you might want to proceed further albeit carefully.

Baz9614 likes this.
  20. sohail May 8, 2016

It's a legit paf watch and in reasonably good condition. Can't say about the seller but the price seems to be right for the seller also, I don't think he will back out. Regards

watchyouwant likes this.