Forums Latest Members

What do you think of this spectacular Constellation?

1. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 1, 2012

Respectable Members

Not that I intend to buy. At this time, I can only afford to salivate and hope for tomorrow to come, God willing.

What do you think of this spectacular Omega Constellation? I only hope if the price is right, one of our respectable members will be able to own it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300772261791?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Thank-you.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 1, 2012

Its a lot of money to be paying for a bracelet which from a design standpoint, if I'm honest, looks a bit shit. If it were on an 18K Speedmaster, or a sports watch then by all means, but that's a sports bracelet design, why is it on a Constellation instead of a BoR or a brick, or mesh bracelet?

It just seems clunky and looks like it was an afterthought

3. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 1, 2012

Respectable Member dsio

Just as well, I do not have the means. Otherwise, I would have already pressed the button.

I am really attracted to the watch-head only, especially when it has the word 'CALENDAR' and on top this, the pink gold case plus its pink gold pie-pan dial. No watch bracelet has ever turned me on. Since my young days, I have always worn my watch with a leather or crocodile-band.

A watch with its original gold bracelet tends to attract too much attention.

Thank-you.

4. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 1, 2012

When it is white gold, most people never notice it! ;)

[​IMG]

kyle L likes this.
  5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 1, 2012

A cal. 504 18k pink gold connie with piepan arrowhead dial is a very uncommon watch. The bracelet here is likewise not easy to find especially in 18k pink gold. Together, this is a very nice package and the watch and bracelet look to be in nice shape as the case has been polished. The price though while not outrageous is still a bit high - would be a more reasonable purchase at 20-30% lower price.

6. imt58 Sep 1, 2012

This shows that it is a good job we all have different tastes in styles we desire. Whilst we can 'appreciate' why somebody else might like something we don't, we all have particular watches, cars etc that float our own particular boat.

7. seamonster Respectable Member Sep 1, 2012

Respectable Member adam78

It is a lovely watch, you have.

Surely, the white gold ones do not attract much attention but when it comes to Constellations, the price is a little beyond.

Thank-you.

8. ulackfocus Sep 1, 2012

Saw it a few days ago and think that it's about $4000 too high. Quite a different look though.