Forums Latest Members

What do you think of this modern Speedy Pro?

1. Duckie Jul 2, 2020

Excellent.
    I was going to agree with Standy but you were quick off the mark.
    What I was going to say the watch would seem like a fairly reasonable deal at 5k given the market as it stands with retail prices only going up especially since the boutique opened here in Brisbane as the only Omega retailer here in the district.
    I hope the drive up to the Sunny coast was pleasant:)

I like the watch. Congratulations::love::
    For reference, I bought mine brand new about 18 months ago tax free with a discount for around the same money:thumbsup:

Tyro Rex likes this.
  2. Tyro Rex Jul 2, 2020

Thanks Duckie. Yes, having the OB in the city (therefore no ADs) makes haggling a bit of an impossible task, so I am really pleased with it. Now that I have it, I am more excited and satisfied than I anticipated, as I love the watch more than I was expecting. It really is a masterpiece of a design and feels satisfyingly hefty too, without being uncomfortable. I am now in no rush for another watch, but know I would love a Seamaster diver next. Will try not to think about what next though, and just enjoy this.

3. Duckie Jul 2, 2020

It looks like we have quite a few Brisso's around here:thumbsup:
    Remarkable given the very nature of these forums.

Tyro Rex likes this.
  4. Duckie Jul 2, 2020

Excellent way to go forward.
    I find a classic speedy an essential part or cornerstone of a good collection;)

PhilF and Tyro Rex like this.
  5. buramu Jul 2, 2020

Congratulations.. and wow, that box is huge!

Tyro Rex likes this.
  6. kelsey Jul 2, 2020

I’m somewhat inland from Brissy but it’s my watch buying center :) I’m glad there’s an OB in Brisbane gives us more options not less ;)

Tyro Rex likes this.
  7. Duckie Jul 2, 2020

You may be right.
    The OB has looked after me in a pretty special way to date:thumbsup:
    But Hardy Brothers has been fantastic as well in every respect over many years until Omega pulled the rug out from under them with the boutique:thumbsdown:
    I suspect we are going to be better served overall through the OB if we were after something special/limited.

kelsey likes this.
  8. Duckie Jul 2, 2020

Agreed:thumbsup:

Tyro Rex likes this.
  9. kelsey Jul 2, 2020

Yes also happy with Hardy Brothers over the years, very good service.
    The OB is excellent, be very very good to me, including arranging the moonshine 50th :)
    Yes allows us way more opportunities for special editions.
    A lot of good watch related shops in Brisbane all of which I’ve been 100% happy with.

10. Icnbne Jul 2, 2020

Congrats on the watch!
    From brisbane here also, lotte in brisbane airport is great for omegas too, got my speedy there. The boutique in the city is exceptional too, really passionate crew over there

Tyro Rex likes this.
  11. rob#1 Jul 2, 2020

I was in town the other morning but sadly the OB is only open from 12 - 5 at the moment so I couldn’t pop in as I had another appointment (I need a pressure test - well, the watch does ;)). Interested to note that Hardy Bros have closed over the road and are moving in right next door to the OB...

Tyro Rex likes this.
  12. Tyro Rex Jul 2, 2020

Thanks! I noticed that the guy I bought this from got it from Lotte at Brisbane Airport. I will drop into the boutique tomorrow and see if either they or Watch Tech can size the bracelet for me. Keen to have a good look in that boutique though. My brother wants me to try on an Aqua Terra, as he’s considering one over in London.

13. Icnbne Jul 2, 2020

try omega first, watchtech charge an arm and a leg for everything imo

Tyro Rex likes this.
  14. Tyro Rex Jul 2, 2020

They really do. $160 just to open up a watch and give their opinion, regardless of whether or not you want the pressure test they do at the same time. Will try Omega at lunch, cheers.

Icnbne likes this.
  15. Duckie Jul 2, 2020

You may be fortunate enough to run into Jesse in the w/shop at the OB as he's most helpfull.
    He used to work for Ronnie just down the street until the boutique opened up.
    I hope with all this C19 business that Jesse's still gainfully employed at the OB as he's great to deal with and they're so approachable in the w/shop on every level:thumbsup:

Please let us know how you get on?

Tyro Rex likes this.
  16. Tyro Rex Jul 2, 2020

Only spoke to a David on the phone (as they are still taking visitors by booking only), but will ask if there is a Jesse still there. Will report back hopefully with sized watch on wrist!

17. Tyro Rex Jul 3, 2020

@Icnbne, thank you for suggesting OB first. They were so helpful and friendly, got a perfect sizing for free and tried on a diver and AT.
    @Duckie, Jesse wasn’t out the front but he still works there, and the David who helped me said he would pass on your kind words to Jesse.

Thanks again everyone, and have a great and safe weekend.

-Matt

Icnbne and Duckie like this.
  18. Tyro Rex Jul 3, 2020

Icnbne likes this.
  19. antiqueaddiction Jul 3, 2020

Great review

Tyro Rex likes this.
  20. rv1138 Jul 7, 2020

Congrats!