Forums Latest Members
  1. rogart ray it again, Ram. Mar 18, 2015

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Mar 18, 2015

If you are interested in bidding for this you may have just priced this beyond your budget!

JohnSteed, michael e and lwong like this.
  3. rogart ray it again, Ram. Mar 18, 2015

It will be forgotten by then . I am only interested in what you think of it . I tried to just post pictures but that didn't work .
    I have provision on everything they sell :whistling:.

Edited Mar 18, 2015
  4. calalum Mar 18, 2015

Definitely well enjoyed. Why are you saying 2915, and not 2998?

5. calalum Mar 18, 2015

And don't worry, I am not going to bid against you for that one! [Can't speak for others here, however.]

What are they saying about the watch in the local tongue?

JohnSteed likes this.
  6. JohnSteed Mar 18, 2015

Begin rant.

Nice. There should come a time (that time may already have come and gone, yet unheeded) when we simply do the homework instead of posting comments/requests such as OP.

I will refrain from addressing motive, but this forum and the intewebs will show any genuine, flinty seeker, what a good example (and poor) looks like.

Our community is many things to many people. Nonetheless, please can we stop contributing to price escalation which OP will doubtless contribute toward (whether or not intended). That will more than likely be an outcome, possibly. I know it cut both ways. I know.

All that being said, pleas do call out the fakes posing to be what that aren't. Send a PM to your buddies if you must about the watch that gets your juices flowing but do so quietly and privately so as to allow poor schmucks like me a fighting chance to buy the .... watch (Kept it clean). Please.

Here endeth the rant. Think I'm allowed to 'step in it' very couple years. Hope so.

:whistling:

Won't happen again. Apologies to OP and all offended by the stupid rant.

Im not gonna bid. Not gonna bid.

7. g-boac Mar 18, 2015

There may, on occasion, be a shill post made in bad faith, typically by a "member" who "just joined", in an effort to direct traffic to his sale or auction, but I think we do a pretty good job at catching that.

From my perspective, I welcome posts and questions asking for advice - they represent an opportunity to aid a less experienced member (or even an experienced one), while keeping sellers honest and in check, making for a better transaction all-around for all involved.

8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 18, 2015

hard to tell from these pictures. not detailed enough. with the risk involved at this stage, my guess is $ 13,500. kind regards. achim

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Mar 18, 2015

@rogart, most cell phones and computers allow you to take a screen shot. On my phone, it's faster than saving the image. if you're not gonna buy, it might be good to not post the link. Maybe the vintage posting sticky could be updated to suggest as much?

Personally, I think it's a horrible, ugly watch that's beat to hell and would cost far too much to restore.. besides, far off auction houses are very hard to deal with and soak you with buyer premiums. I think everyone should skip this one and move on.

;)

Appreciate the link though, see ya in May!

rogart likes this.
  10. rogart ray it again, Ram. Mar 19, 2015

My fault for not reading the text . Sorry and it woke you up :p

11. Norfolk Mar 19, 2015

Interesting. Is the Sweden engraving a normal thing on older watches?

12. ock2915 Mar 19, 2015

I like it:)

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 19, 2015

I don't think it makes much of a difference, most of the 4 digit Speedmaster reference collectors can smell blood in the water a continent away, these ones rarely keep a low profile

ock2915, Spacefruit and rogart like this.
  14. watchlovr Mar 19, 2015

Interesting engraving, I wonder if it is military inspired?

15. rogart ray it again, Ram. Mar 19, 2015

I don't think so .Have only seen 50 anniversary watches and 25 years of work . But this is new to me . The first six numbers are birth number . It wouldn't be to hard to search the owner and to see where he came from . He would be 80 years old now . How old is the watch 55 years ?

16. toddmp Mar 19, 2015

Love it. Love those lollipop hands.