Forums Latest Members
  1. OJsakila Feb 20, 2013

I was looking for a watch to wear daily that is as original as possible. You guys saved me several days ago and I was able get a refund. After readding around here I'm scared to even look at ebay. This watch is one fro this forum...it's just been sitting there awhile...I don't know it might even be sold. What do think? Is it original?.....Any other suggestions would be great... My budget can't be any more than $600.
    http://omegaforums.net/threads/omeg...cal-265-1954ish-rare-combo-all-original.3699/

2. pitpro Likes the game. Feb 20, 2013

achim is a gentleman. If he says it's original, it is.
    email him, i'm sure he's happy to answer any questions.

3. OJsakila Feb 20, 2013

I love the fact that its from 1954. I like the look but I'm a little concerned about water now. Working on a golf course...a seamaster might be a better fit or am I over reacting? I'm going to pull the trigger tomorrow so maybe something else might show up tonight..

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 20, 2013

I would not wear a vintage watch if you work around an environment where it would get wet period, Seamaster or not. You need a more modern and water sealed watch, even if it is a cheaper variety.

5. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Feb 21, 2013

look, if that is your first vintage omega, have it for A$ 500 plus shipment. but, don`t play golf with any vintage watch ! kind regards. achim

6. OJsakila Feb 21, 2013

I'm buying a watch from one of you guys TODAY!! I am so scared of eBay and all the jive watches and reprinted dials and what not... My refund from a poor purchase of an omega off of eBay arrived today! I trust you guys. Help me find a vintage seamaster. I my budget is no more than $600 which includes s&h. I will purchase today and I want to wear it daily... People are saying I should be careful about water proofness but wouldn't a good jeweler replace a washer? I'm not going swimming with it but it is humid here in Savannah, GA and I'd like to wash my hands..lol

7. ulackfocus Feb 21, 2013

If properly serviced with a new gasket, it should be okay for splashes and rain - but don't submerge it!

8. Wheels Feb 21, 2013

Vintage waterproof is not the same as modern waterproof. Some of the vintage watches that you admire and want to wear now have 60+ years of life and have suffered a little along the way. Threads have become a little burred, stem holes a little larger than they once were. That and they weren't all that waterproof to begin with.
    If you want a nice vintage grab Achims one for the $500 he offered. Then take the spare $100 you've got left and go and buy a work watch, one you can wear day to day and wash your hands without worrying.

NT931 and SpikiSpikester like this.