Forums Latest Members

What do you think about this 3539.50?

1. southard Sep 1, 2018

I recently was working on a deal to purchase what was described as an "automatic" 145.022-68 from the "1980's". The estate decided not to sell it, so now I'm trying to decide what to do with the $2,400 I had set aside for the asking price. Thank you all here at OF (especially Ben), for educating me and making me cry because this deal has fell through.

The watch I'm looking for now would be worn daily and not an investment. So, in lieu of the manual-wind Speedmasters, I'm looking at the 3539.50 because it really is an automatic with the sapphire crystal and the modern clasp. I also prefer how the dial favors the Professional more than the 3510.

The one in particular I'm looking at is pictured below. My main concern is if it has been polished and if the price is fair. What are your opinions on this ebay listing?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/used-OMEGA...sh=item3b1855f2b5:g:l3AAAOSwDC1bcERf#viTabs_0Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

s-l500.jpg

2. Gateway Sep 1, 2018

It’s also my daily watch and I am very pleased with it. As for the polishing question, it’s hard to tell given the quality of the pictures, but in any event isn’t that more of an “investment’ issue, which you have wisely ruled out. One proviso - it’s at least 10 years old so be sure to budget for a basic service.

3. fskywalker Sep 4, 2018

That's a very nice daily speedy!

4. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 5, 2018

Nice to wear, not so nice to service. If I were to choose a Reduced model, that would be the one I would choose. The whole compound movement thing puts me off these but that one is the pick of the bunch alright. I have an auto Speedmaster and they make for a very convenient wear. Mine is a 3313 movement broadarrow model ie full size using the 022 case which also bring their fair share of servicing complications.

5. kelev_ra Sep 5, 2018

Well, it's just way to expensive...
    I'd probably pay 1.200 Euro for that.
    I got two of those - I bought both during the last year... one was a flea market catch for 300 Euro - the other was a regular buy for 1.000 Euro.
    Both including box excluding papers.
    I'd say 1.400 Euro what you regularly pay for that.
    Still it's a nice watch!

apocalypsebella likes this.
  6. guaranteed.rohu Sep 5, 2018

great value prop, for the price, there's not much better you can get to be honest, in the entire second hand watch world

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  7. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 5, 2018

You got 2 of the sapphire crystal models with the nicer dial and improved bracelet or 2 of the regular Reduced model? These later ones are worth more than a std Reduced. The eBay one probably is too pricey but make sure you compare like with like.

Edited Sep 5, 2018
  8. ac106 Sep 5, 2018

??

For like 200 more you can get a real moonwatch. this is a terrible deal. Are you the seller?

kelev_ra and padders like this.
  9. kelev_ra Sep 5, 2018

Just what I said...
    PS: both of my reduced Speedys do have the 1459 bracelet with 810 endlinks on them... Still I don't know how old the watches are...
    Would need to have a look at them when I am home...

10. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 5, 2018

Its easy. Do the watches you got cheap have the minutes on the dial ie 5,10,15 etc. If so then they are not the same model as the OP is talking about, the later one has cleaner more Pro like dial . That said I do agree the ebay price is too damn high.

11. kelev_ra Sep 5, 2018

Thank you...
    I don't know, as I am not at home... ;)
    But I will have a look on them later...
    Just noted down the references of the bracelets and endlinks...

12. southard Sep 5, 2018

I apologize for not responding earlier! Somehow I wasn't getting notifications on this thread. Based on your feedback, I'm passing on this one and looking for the same reference in a lower price. If anyone has one they want to sell, I would be interested.

13. southard Sep 5, 2018

I'm not the seller. The price for that reference was consistent with the others on eBay, but I'm not familiar with what they should go for. While I'm not looking for a real Moonwatch, you make a good point about it only being 200 less.

14. ac106 Sep 5, 2018

I know. I was responding to @guaranteed.rohu I can’t tell if he is a shill or just being sarcastic.

15. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 8, 2018

YEA..AT OVER 2K PRICING ..im gonna have to pass. i actually prefer the 1 iteration reduced dial. and a savings of 7 hundo

16. Speschalist Nov 27, 2018

I'm currently searching for a 3539.50 as well, so pretty keen to get more information about the service topic. What I thought was that the 3539.50 is an improvement over the 3510.50.

17. Gateway Nov 27, 2018

The 3539 provides a saphire crystal, upgraded clasp on the bracelet and a dial design that's a little closer to the original, though in the real world both reduced models look very similar. In my experience they are newer and rarer than the first reduceds, so expect to pay a significant premium.