Forums Latest Members
  1. Ted Shred Feb 6, 2013

My collection is now up to 7 and I was thinking of buying one of those glass-topped multi-watch display boxes off of ebay. Actually, I'm looking at one right now that has a couple winders (2 watches each) and 8 extra display thingies - I actually have a feeling that my collection will be up to 12 in the next couple years.

Anyways, does anyone here use something like that, or do you tend to use something else?

2. ulackfocus Feb 6, 2013

Got a couple 12 watch containers from Doug at Custom Case Design - they're waterproof and float, which is really more than I need for storage and transporting to & from the safety deposit box.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My winder has 4 rotating heads with two extra cushions, plus a drawer for 5 more watches.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's also another display case with leather wrap and a glass top that holds 8 - 10 watches.

Ted Shred likes this.
  3. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Feb 6, 2013

I'm a minimalist. Every watch is mounted on a strap of my choice - either steel bracelet and if leather mostly gator but a few croc and ostrich and then placed in a thick plastic pocket and then a bunch of them placed in a plastic container which then goes in the safe.

4. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 6, 2013

Hooks...:p

[​IMG]

I put the ones which I wear daily on there. Most of the other stuff is in a safe.

nickw, Dablitzer and Ted Shred like this.
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 6, 2013

Unfortunately in our area the fillings in your teeth are in danger so no way to display at home :(
    Only two options -
    [​IMG]

Ted Shred likes this.
  6. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 6, 2013

Hey Kyle – that's very creative! Also cool in that you get to view them at various gales, rather than the usual head-on.

7. Ted Shred Feb 6, 2013

Nice! I like the box display and, yeah, simply awesome hook idea!

And the common theme of safes was kind of an eye-opener. Hadn't really thought of that before, although it makes sense when I think about it now. Besides, there's something rather James Bond-like about a safe/ safety deposit box full of Omegas and other prize pieces.:cool:

8. pascs Feb 6, 2013

Watch box for my regularly worn watches and safe for my valuables :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alpha likes this.
  9. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 7, 2013

Glad to see you got the priorities sorted out with the safe :cool:

10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 7, 2013

11. JulienLeBreton Feb 7, 2013

all of my watch are put into a dive suitcase ::jumpy::
    This way each time i've got a new one, I cut some foam into it.
    This way even if the case fall, normally everything should be OK
    valise.JPG
    Even if a giant wave hit Paris, my watches will be alright, it won't be the same for myself:whistling:

12. Wheels Feb 7, 2013

How do I display my watches? On my wrist :p
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360237777.194873.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360237794.895298.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360237816.457559.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360237839.058402.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360237880.932557.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360238091.890869.jpg

Ted Shred likes this.
  13. cltdoc Feb 7, 2013

I use one of these for my assorted extra straps and bracelets. A simple and cheap way to keep them organized. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140907955970Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I use a generic Ebay hinged and windowed display case for mine http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Leath...322?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35baa5ee5aPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network (similar to this). I cut some small pieces of wood to prop up the sueded forms that you wrap the watches around at an angle for a nicer display. I removed a metal Omega Logo from an old box I had and adhered it to the front. Looks pretty legit (frankencase ;)). Sorry no pics...I'm at the office (working hard obviously - haha).

14. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Feb 7, 2013

As someone has already said – I do not display my watches other than on the wrist. For storage and transport I have invested in Underwood boxes. Quite expensive but as I consider my watch hobby to be lifelong I thought it worth it. When I bought them I reckoned that three would be sufficient for the rest of my life. At that point (maybe 4-5 years back –I do not really remember) I could not fill one of them. Today I would need five boxes… Strange how things work out. At the same time I also bought the Underwood winder. High quality also but I do not use it at all anymore. I just “start” a watch when I need one. I try to “exercise” them once a month by using them.

Some time ago I found a Rolex AD box. As I understand it these boxes were not meant to be sold but used within the AD for storage and display. Maybe someone here knows more. I have seen examples with a “ROLEX” text and the logo crown and there are examples like mine with only the crown. I am rather happy mine is of the somewhat more discrete version…
    The cushions are too small for the wells and too small for the watches - for any use other than for display. I will have new cushions made that fit better. As it is now I would not dare using it for transport as the watches would end up in one corner of the box if turned upside down or tilted too much.
    Regards
    JE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Disappointed!!!? Let us restart:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It seems to be a sports-Rolex box – the Datejust: s cannot find room:

[​IMG]

Underwood boxes and winder:

[​IMG]

More appropriately sized cushions. In this pic you can also see the side compartment that does not show in any other picture. Perfect for bracelets and straps:

[​IMG]

Old pictures – a few watches has been sold, a lot more has been bought and some has been altered (gold Daytona switched from white diamond dial to plain black, etc.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kkt, Jwit, benjclark and 3 others like this.
  15. Hobby Horologist Feb 7, 2013

^^ give me a minute to wipe up all my drool...

that is an amazing watch collection.

kkt and Jwit like this.
  16. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Feb 7, 2013

Thanks!
    I remembered - sometimes I find other uses for all my bikes. Might be considered more of a displaystand than exercise method or transport these days...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]