Forums Latest Members
  1. leoneoy22 Jan 21, 2014

[​IMG]

2. leoneoy22 Jan 21, 2014

Oops! Here is an image. A little iffy but essentially that is the watch

image.jpg
    watchyouwant likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Jan 21, 2014

Did somebody wash & dry the calendar wheels on high heat and shrink the text?

4. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jan 21, 2014

My wife put her watch through the washer, more than once, and the writing didn't shrink.

The second hand fell off, and on the second pass it did finally stop, but the writing definitely did not shrink.

5. leoneoy22 Jan 21, 2014

I am not sure. Not overtly knowledgable. I found it in a Guns and Knife show here in Las Vegas. I got it for $1650. I thought it might have been a good deal. Gentleman said it was all original but polished and overhauled. Please elaborate on the calendar wheels.

6. leoneoy22 Jan 21, 2014

Maybe it is lust the angle of the photo. Ill see if I can take more pics later on.

7. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jan 21, 2014

This style is my favorite watch, Leo (Leon?), congratulations on your find!
    We are talking about the font (printing), not being correct on the day and date parts, which are actually wheels beneath the dial. These parts can be replaced sometimes.
    If you love the watch as is, get it serviced and wear it in good health, I am jealous ! The dial looks good to me and that is most important.

If you wish an evaluation of the watch as a collectible piece, be prepared for a microscopic evaluation of every little nuance as this is a much sought after piece.
    We can speak of the gold case being polished extensively and the day/date wheels issue by viewing the photo you provided. With good photos of all sides including the inside workings and both sides of the caseback, we can tell more.
    We are anal(Freudian term), obsessed curmudgeons and if you are not a collector, just laugh us off.

Please, don't let anyone disturb anything until more info is provided. Did the Gentleman provide any service details? Is it all working properly?
    Us curmudgeons wouldn't even wind it until we verified it's condition independently.

leoneoy22 likes this.
  8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jan 21, 2014

That looks like a jumbo triple date moonphase omega. The case is likely rose gold plated (80 microns) and polished quite a bit and the dial is original but has lots of patina. The month and day wheels have been reprinted (quite poorly from the looks of it). No movement photos but one will have to make sure all the functions work especially all 3 pushers - some parts such as the date star wheel are difficult to find and when found are expensive.

leoneoy22 likes this.