Forums Latest Members
  1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Dec 22, 2013

I'm interested in your opinions. Does this have an original dial? I'm fairly confident that the crown is original. It's in a 9k dennison case.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 22, 2013

My main concern is that there is no spacing between "Swiss" and "Made", makes me leery of a repainted dial. Omega font seems "different" than late 40's should be. I am not the most experienced, so let's see what the "Professors" have to say.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 22, 2013

Hmmm...Dial looks good, but I do have concerns about the "Swiss Made". Can't tell if it's just too big, or this is from distortion from the crystal.

Everything else looks consistent with a late 1940's 30T2 Omega. If the price is right, might be worth a shot.
    gatorcpa

4. ulackfocus Dec 22, 2013

The real concern with the SWISS MADE is that the 6:00 marker splits the words. The last S should be just below that marker on originals.

However, wait for more opinions.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 22, 2013

That's a very good point.

What is the case reference number? I'd have to see another dial like that to know for sure.
    gatorcpa

Edit - I didn't see that it was a UK made 9K case. Then there will be no case reference number. At least not one that we can trace. Still should search the internet for another similar dial and see if matches. Sometimes that's the only way to judge authenticity.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Dec 22, 2013

I think it is a redial - don't like how the subdial markings look.

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 22, 2013

I found another dial on a Dennison cased 9K watch which is close, but I just can't tell for sure:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The seller is in the UK, but doesn't have the greatest reputation around these parts.

But the Swiss Made is in the same position, and the font looks close.
    gatorcpa

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 22, 2013

Being its in a Dennison case and the printing is so crisp, I'd give it the benefit of the doubt as being original.

9. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Dec 23, 2013

I think I agree with most of in in saying that it's probably a redial. All good points, though.

10. kpa Jan 30, 2015

Second circle should cut 7 and 5 at same proportion. I remarked this because I like this symmetric thing.
    But I can be wrong... I know it's an old discussion.