Forums Latest Members
  1. kronosport Jan 24, 2015

2. mozambique Jan 24, 2015

Pics aren't the best, but it looks to be in pretty good condition.
    Bezel should have been a DO90 I believe. 1171 is period correct, although still available new, so not clear if the bracelet is the same age as the watch.

3. Eric_navi Jan 24, 2015

I think whichever bidder got the seller to send em some good, clear closeups of the dial (and rest of the watch) could end up with a nice piece

4. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Jan 25, 2015

Surprised there were no final seconds snipes on this one.

Another I was watching from listing. But I'm too tight/need amazing bargains.

Expect the buyer to be happy with this one.
    If they prefer leather then the 1171 could be sold off. My '68 came on a 1039. Hunting for a DON bezel adds to the fun of ownership/improvement.

5. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jan 25, 2015

Well I think it is the right price.

The lack of bezel is a significant part of the value, and then this needs a service.

So it will take $1000 to get it up to standard, and then it will probably be worth (on ebay) about $3500-3800 for the head.

It is true that there are not many of these about, and i don't think the buyer made a mistake, particularly when everything seems to be creeping up.

And I do love a transitional!

6. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 25, 2015

I actually had a 'snipe' bid on this one at just under that winning price before I committed to the 'Ed White'...

I'm surprised, too, it didn't go a bit higher... hopefully, we'll see it here again...