Forums Latest Members
  1. scootergirl69 Dec 11, 2015

Bought this little gold beauty several years ago for the wife. Any idea what model/caliber etc it might be. The snap-off back only reveals the entire movement when opened. I do not want to take it apart further to try to read the movent info that is surely listed on there. Any guess as to approx value. It is 14k gold and g/p Omega band is original. Few tiny diamond bits at the top and bottom of the bezel, as show. I appreciate any info you might have. Thanks for a great resource.

IMG_3259[1].JPG IMG_3260[1].JPG IMG_3258[1].JPG
    mozartman likes this.
  2. scootergirl69 Dec 11, 2015

p.s. Runs weel and keeps good time. No idea when it may have been serviced last. I bought it from my boss who buys gold/silver scrap at his retail coin shop. Probably paid about $50 for it.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 11, 2015

It is very difficult to get information on ladies Omega watches from the 1950's and 1960's. These styles were only marketed in the USA and the cases were made here as well. Omega made hundreds of styles, but only a few of each one. This makes it highly unlikely to find them on Omega's vintage database.

From the shape, this looks to be a cal. 48x movement from the mid-1960's.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&1&2uswk&Omega_484

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

scootergirl69 likes this.
  4. Speedmasterfan88 Dec 11, 2015

Interesting , I inherited the same model from my grandma. But it's in whitegold thou. Post pictures when I get home. Value wise it seems like there is not much of a market for Art-Deco ladies watches now a days. The few examples I could find in auction houses gone between 700-1200 € depending case Material/diamonds and condition.

scootergirl69 likes this.
  5. scootergirl69 Dec 11, 2015

I'd love to see pics and any auction links. Thanks for replying.

6. Speedmasterfan88 Dec 13, 2015

Sorry for the delay, finally found some Time today to take a Look and pictures of the watch. It's different from your's a Little bit and what i had in Memory. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Sadly I can't find the Homepage of the auction house wich sold a couple of these Art deco Omega watches. Have to Look around further. If i come up with something i let you know.

scootergirl69 and mozartman like this.
  7. Canuck Dec 13, 2015

The white gold Omega is likely from the mid 1960s. This model is from a series Omega called "Sapphette". These all had karat gold cases (14 or 18 karat) and beautifully faceted synthetic sapphire crystals. Many (yours) were diamond set. Most of them were manually wound, but IIRC, they had some models that were automatic wind. This watch pre-dates Omega becoming part of the Swatch group. Typically, the Sapphette models were sold with black nylon cord bracelets, or the equivalent bracelet in a fine woven wire mesh cord. Very nice! The bracelet on the watch is a later after market one which is available and practical, but not very aesthetic.

8. mozartman ♫♭♬ ♪ Dec 13, 2015

Great watch, Speedmasterfan88. My mother's in yellow gold had a round case and link bracelet and the similarity to yours is obvious, though I can't find a picture on the net identical to hers. It was textured in the same way that link bracelet is, except the case of the watch itself was also textured. A very 50s / early 60s look, Mom quickly went to quartz in the 70s and AFAIK never wore it again. But to her credit, she did pick up a simple vintage Patek at one point! ;-)

9. scootergirl69 Dec 13, 2015

Thanks for the replies and photos. Very similar to my wife's watch. Band appears to be original Omega-marked but Gold Plate instead of 14k like the watch.