Forums Latest Members

What do I do about my stolen Seamaster Pro?

1. OttawaMan Aug 11, 2014

I think a recent party guest stole my watch. I'm guessing whomever took it will unload it. Should I bother notifying local jewelry stores with details and serial number? Or would that be a waste of time?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 11, 2014

I'd post the serial here, as well as notify the police. Not sure about where you are but in Australia the police keep a list of serial numbers and compare it to Pawn shop / second hand store records fishing for hits.

Varasc likes this.
  3. repoman Aug 11, 2014

Sorry about the loss... nothing worse than getting ripped off, its such a sickening feeling. I'd report it stolen, drop off a note to the local stores that advertise they buy used watches, probably won't result in anything but it's what you can do and proactive and you will feel better about taking some kind of action.
    Other than that, drink heavily, and buy a new watch are my only other suggestions.

Fusion likes this.
  4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Aug 11, 2014

Definitely report it. Is there a way to get this back to Omega, in case it ever goes back to them as a repair?

5. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Aug 11, 2014

Report it to the local police as they will then check pawn shops for the watch. Only Rolex has the stolen registry as far as I know.

6. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 12, 2014

That sucks.... Definitely report it. You have no chance if recovering it if you don't.

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 12, 2014

:(

Damn, it's not just the loss of the watch, it's also the loss of trust in somebody you may know.

Home insurance?

8. OttawaMan Aug 12, 2014

Home insurance would cover it but taking the hit to my premiums may not be worth it.

9. Alex_TA Aug 12, 2014

I feel your pain.

My almost new AT Day-Date was stolen last week. I phoned to Omega service center and they inserted watch number to their database and marked it as stolen. I did not asked but I hope that this is the worlds database. It's not much but this is what you can do.

10. Spy You know my name. Aug 12, 2014

Did you question your party guest?

11. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Aug 12, 2014

Great to know that Omega does this. It will only help if the new "owner" sends it in for service.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 13, 2014

Well you do live in the city in Canada populated by the most crooks! Were Harper, Duffy, or Wallin at your party? Maybe Nigel will cut you a cheque too. ;)

Seriously, sorry to hear this - a call to the police is the first thing. I would also call the pawn shops around town and let them know the serial number if someone tries to sell it to them.

Hope you get it back mate.

Cheers, Al

CdnWatchDoc and persco like this.
  13. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 14, 2014

Just goes to show - if it's not on your wrist it needs to be in a safe or at the bank.

Sad that you can't trust people in your own home.

14. CdnWatchDoc Aug 14, 2014

Ottawa is the capital of Canada and in that town, you can't trust anyone...Al was listing some of the infamous few from our exalted government benches who have been caught with their excessive expenses. It is possible the OP had a "political party"...
    Sorry for your loss-maybe its time to get Chopper...

15. Varasc Aug 15, 2014

Very sad, I wish you to find your watch.

16. LeDave Aug 16, 2014

Damn man, you might want to rewrite who's your friends and who's not. That's not good. Hope all goes well and your timepiece comes back to you in great shape.

17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 17, 2014

Should not take that much of a hit. Last thing you want to do is think that you can't claim for something After paying your premium. (Otherwise don't pay premiums and bank the money each year)

Good luck with it..

18. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Aug 17, 2014

I'm not trying to be flippant but you should have another party and invite the same exact people.

you can narrow down your suspects by the person(s) who declines or doesn't show up.

SpikiSpikester likes this.
  19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Aug 17, 2014

Your mind works in devious ways my friend :cautious:

I like it :D