Forums Latest Members
  1. Mothra Dec 15, 2013

:) Does anyone know what i need (size/part no) for crown/hands for this watch and if any are available? Thanks!

2. Joe K. Curious about this text thingy below his avatar Dec 15, 2013

The hole sizes for the movement used in the watch would be 0.75/1.40. However, as far as style/length of the hands you would need to find pictures/examples of a similar ref to match what you have. I then use the bestift guide to find the part I need. So for example, if you need Dauphine hands, 12.5mm in Gilt finish you would need BF# MIS/477. With this information you should be able to order the hands from any material house. As far as the crown you need a 8100/1060 (W - case is steel, Y - if the case is yellow gold) crown. However, I would check for pictures of the crowns to be sure.

3. Mothra Jan 8, 2014

Thanks Joe - watch arrived last night and the crown is on order, that was really helpful. I think I'll see how the existing hands come up with a light polish. I needed to put your 8100/1060 number into ofrei to get the 069ST42019number that I was able to use on the cousins website, in case anyone from the UK needs to order one in future. Interestingly, the crown is $36 plus $12 for US shipping on ofrei vs £11.95 plus £3.25 for uk shipping on cousins.

Is it just me, or are Ofrei applying a pretty impressive markup there? The cousins price in dollars is $19.62 at todays exchange rate...

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 8, 2014

I have found that CousinsUK is much less expensive on a lot of the Swiss parts than any of the US suppliers. I think this a rather recent development, as the US companies prices have steadily increased over the last few years. Not sure if this is due to Swatch restrictions on sales to US suppliers or that CousinsUK just has more stock purchased years ago at lower prices.

I recently purchased a dozen balance staffs from CousinsUK for an older Zenith for around $20 shipped, when an eBay seller wanted that for a single one!

Very US friendly supplier. :thumbsup:
    gatorcpa